pokerfied.com
Promoting poker discussions.

Main
Date: 19 Dec 2008 19:27:29
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: poker question for doggy
Game is NLHE. Assume each of you put in $100 preflop.

You have AcKc in a pot vs. one opponent. Board is 2s 3c Kd 9c. Your
opponent checks but before you can bet, he flips over his hole cards,
which are As Ks and says "hey, there's $200 in the pot right now, how
about you pay me $70 and we'll chop the pot?"

What do you do?

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
"SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

____________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com






 
Date: 19 Dec 2008 21:26:02
From: FangBanger
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 9:27 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> Game is NLHE. Assume each of you put in $100 preflop.
>
> You have AcKc in a pot vs. one opponent. Board is 2s 3c Kd 9c. Your
> opponent checks but before you can bet, he flips over his hole cards,
> which are As Ks and says "hey, there's $200 in the pot right now, how
> about you pay me $70 and we'll chop the pot?"
>
> What do you do?

I laugh at him
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
> "SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio


Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

--- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 19 Dec 2008 21:50:23
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 11:26 PM, FangBanger wrote:

> I laugh at him

You have no idea how funny this answer is to us.

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
"SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

________________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



   
Date: 19 Dec 2008 23:04:57
From: FangBanger
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 11:50 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Dec 19 2008 11:26 PM, FangBanger wrote:
>
> > I laugh at him
>
> You have no idea how funny this answer is to us.

the "us" group of one ?

you keep trying and you keep failing
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
> "SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio


Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

--- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




    
Date: 19 Dec 2008 23:31:50
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 20 2008 1:04 AM, FangBanger wrote:

> you keep trying and you keep failing

No, "us" is about 20 of "us" that continually post random shit to get you
chasing your tail all over RGP, day in and day out.

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
"SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

------ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




     
Date: 20 Dec 2008 06:13:03
From: FangBanger
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 20 2008 1:31 AM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Dec 20 2008 1:04 AM, FangBanger wrote:
>
> > you keep trying and you keep failing
>
> No, "us" is about 20 of "us" that continually post random shit to get you
> chasing your tail all over RGP, day in and day out.

Suits me .. ever seen an unhappy dog chasing its tail ?
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
> "SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio


Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

________________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



      
Date: 20 Dec 2008 09:19:28
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 20 2008 8:13 AM, FangBanger wrote:

> Suits me .. ever seen an unhappy dog chasing its tail ?

I can't decide which is more appropriate:

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD4WnQ1pvMI

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zJv0gssH2s

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
"SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

_____________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 19 Dec 2008 19:48:34
From: Will in New Haven
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19, 10:27 pm, "XaQ Morphy" <a1c5...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> Game is NLHE. Assume each of you put in $100 preflop.
>
> You have AcKc in a pot vs. one opponent. Board is 2s 3c Kd 9c. Your
> opponent checks but before you can bet, he flips over his hole cards,
> which are As Ks and says "hey, there's $200 in the pot right now, how
> about you pay me $70 and we'll chop the pot?"
>
> What do you do?

Bet all my chips. What kind of question is this? I have a free-roll
and he doesn't know what I have. He may fold, I may win the pot if he
calls and I can't lose.

Is this a typo or do you think Doggy is retarded? Why did we both
check the flop?

Or both, of course.

--
Will in New Haven




  
Date: 20 Dec 2008 07:52:26
From: Will in New Haven
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 20, 3:30 am, "Jason Pawloski" <a679...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> On Dec 19 2008 9:14 PM, garycarson wrote:
>
> > On Dec 19 2008 10:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:
>
> > > On Dec 19, 10:27 pm, "XaQ Morphy" <a1c5...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > > > Game is NLHE. Assume each of you put in $100 preflop.
>
> > > Bet all my chips. What kind of question is this?
>
> > In a previous thread he said he always labels his questions as serious
> > when he's not trolling. He di8dn't label this one as serious.
>
> GARY CARSON FAILING LOGIC 101 ONCE AGAIN
>
> A implies B is not logically equivalent to
> not A implies not B
>
> MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORON

Unless Morphy was lying, Carson's reading of the statement was
correct. He said that he _always_ labeled his serious non-trolling
questions as serioius. _He_ made the connection "if not a then b."
Maybe you should give Carson credit. He was right once in a row. Of
course, not hanging on Morphy's every word, I hadn't read that.

--
Will in New Haven



   
Date: 20 Dec 2008 12:27:42
From: Jason Pawloski
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 20 2008 8:52 AM, Will in New Haven wrote:

> On Dec 20, 3:30 am, "Jason Pawloski" <a679...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > On Dec 19 2008 9:14 PM, garycarson wrote:
> >
> > > On Dec 19 2008 10:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:
> >
> > > > On Dec 19, 10:27 pm, "XaQ Morphy" <a1c5...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > > > > Game is NLHE. Assume each of you put in $100 preflop.
> >
> > > > Bet all my chips. What kind of question is this?
> >
> > > In a previous thread he said he always labels his questions as serious
> > > when he's not trolling. He di8dn't label this one as serious.
> >
> > GARY CARSON FAILING LOGIC 101 ONCE AGAIN
> >
> > A implies B is not logically equivalent to
> > not A implies not B
> >
> > MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORON
>
> Unless Morphy was lying, Carson's reading of the statement was
> correct. He said that he _always_ labeled his serious non-trolling
> questions as serioius. _He_ made the connection "if not a then b."
> Maybe you should give Carson credit. He was right once in a row. Of
> course, not hanging on Morphy's every word, I hadn't read that.
>
> --
> Will in New Haven

This assumes "troll" is a boolean characteristic, which I don't
particularly agree with. I've written many semi-trolls in my short
pathetic life. But you are right, it's so rare that Gary gets something
nearly right that I'll just sit back, put my hands on my lap, and say
"Good insight Gary."


--
"Actually, I will read Jason's posts too. He's smart also." - Paul
Popinjay, 10/21/2007 (http://tinyurl.com/4bggyp)

_______________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 19 Dec 2008 21:31:23
From: Will in New Haven
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 20, 12:02 am, "XaQ Morphy" <a1c5...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> On Dec 19 2008 9:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:
>
> > Is this a typo or do you think Doggy is retarded?
>
> Ding ding.
>
> JBK and Fell had a bet for the presidential election and Fell won $100.
> They then went double or nothing on the Detroit Lions bet. If the Lions
> win a game this year Fell wins $200. If they don't win a game this year
> JBK gets to keep his $100.
>
> Doggy, in his every day infinite wisdom has decided that Fell is a moron
> if he doesn't settle this bet by paying JBK $60-$70 right now.
>
> Any questions?
>
I gotta keep up with this stuff. Nah.

--
Will in New Haven



  
Date: 19 Dec 2008 21:02:15
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 9:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:

> Is this a typo or do you think Doggy is retarded?

Ding ding.

JBK and Fell had a bet for the presidential election and Fell won $100.
They then went double or nothing on the Detroit Lions bet. If the Lions
win a game this year Fell wins $200. If they don't win a game this year
JBK gets to keep his $100.

Doggy, in his every day infinite wisdom has decided that Fell is a moron
if he doesn't settle this bet by paying JBK $60-$70 right now.

Any questions?

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
"SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

-------- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



   
Date: 20 Dec 2008 00:31:35
From: Jason Pawloski
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 10:02 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Dec 19 2008 9:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:
>
> > Is this a typo or do you think Doggy is retarded?
>
> Ding ding.
>
> JBK and Fell had a bet for the presidential election and Fell won $100.
> They then went double or nothing on the Detroit Lions bet. If the Lions
> win a game this year Fell wins $200. If they don't win a game this year
> JBK gets to keep his $100.
>
> Doggy, in his every day infinite wisdom has decided that Fell is a moron
> if he doesn't settle this bet by paying JBK $60-$70 right now.
>
> Any questions?

it sounds ilke i'm missing some good stuff, in your expert opinion should
i unkillfile the moron?

>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
> "SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio


--
"Actually, I will read Jason's posts too. He's smart also." - Paul
Popinjay, 10/21/2007 (http://tinyurl.com/4bggyp)

_____________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



    
Date: 20 Dec 2008 09:16:33
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 20 2008 2:31 AM, Jason Pawloski wrote:

> it sounds ilke i'm missing some good stuff, in your expert opinion should
> i unkillfile the moron?

Yup, that's my suggestion. He is a great source of entertainment,
especially when he thinks he's trolling someone.

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
"SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

------ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



   
Date: 19 Dec 2008 21:35:16
From: FangBanger
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 11:02 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Dec 19 2008 9:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:
>
> > Is this a typo or do you think Doggy is retarded?
>
> Ding ding.
>
> JBK and Fell had a bet for the presidential election and Fell won $100.
> They then went double or nothing on the Detroit Lions bet. If the Lions
> win a game this year Fell wins $200. If they don't win a game this year
> JBK gets to keep his $100.
>
> Doggy, in his every day infinite wisdom has decided that Fell is a moron
> if he doesn't settle this bet by paying JBK $60-$70 right now.
>
> Any questions?

I never knew that it was double or nothing bet for 100 .. i was told they
had 200 bet . I cannot help it if they dont know what they are talking
about

If there were a 200 dollar flat bet ..60-80 would be the appropriate
settlement

hang on .. let me go make a LHE post and fuck up the blinds and post a
question that makes absolutely no sense !!
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
> "SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio


Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

-------- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




    
Date: 19 Dec 2008 21:49:48
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 11:35 PM, FangBanger wrote:

> I never knew that it was double or nothing bet for 100 .. i was told they
> had 200 bet . I cannot help it if they dont know what they are talking
> about

Are you telling me you don't know that in a double or nothing bet for 100
that someone can win 200? Are you really that stupid?

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
"SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

----- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



     
Date: 19 Dec 2008 23:03:50
From: FangBanger
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 11:49 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Dec 19 2008 11:35 PM, FangBanger wrote:
>
> > I never knew that it was double or nothing bet for 100 .. i was told they
> > had 200 bet . I cannot help it if they dont know what they are talking
> > about
>
> Are you telling me you don't know that in a double or nothing bet for 100
> that someone can win 200? Are you really that stupid?

I will go slow for you

I was told that there was a bet in the amount of 200 dollars

that is quite different than a bet for 100

do i have to explain further ?
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
> "SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio


Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

-------- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



      
Date: 19 Dec 2008 23:48:42
From: FellKnight
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 20 2008 2:03 AM, FangBanger wrote:

> On Dec 19 2008 11:49 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:
>
> > On Dec 19 2008 11:35 PM, FangBanger wrote:
> >
> > > I never knew that it was double or nothing bet for 100 .. i was told they
> > > had 200 bet . I cannot help it if they dont know what they are talking
> > > about
> >
> > Are you telling me you don't know that in a double or nothing bet for 100
> > that someone can win 200? Are you really that stupid?
>
> I will go slow for you
>
> I was told that there was a bet in the amount of 200 dollars
>
> that is quite different than a bet for 100
>
> do i have to explain further ?

You were told were you?

Care to rephrase?

Here, let me help:

"I, doggystyle, cannot read, and barked and woofed and howled without
knowing what the fuck I was growling about."

You're welcome.

Fell
--
Be Loud. Be Proud. Be Considerate!

________________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



      
Date: 19 Dec 2008 23:32:46
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 20 2008 1:03 AM, FangBanger wrote:

> I will go slow for you
>
> I was told that there was a bet in the amount of 200 dollars
>
> that is quite different than a bet for 100
>
> do i have to explain further ?

Yes, explain who told you that there was a bet in the amount of 200
dollars. Cause I'm sure neither of the people involved in the bet would
have described it as such.

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
"SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

____________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



       
Date: 20 Dec 2008 06:11:21
From: FangBanger
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 20 2008 1:32 AM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Dec 20 2008 1:03 AM, FangBanger wrote:
>
> > I will go slow for you
> >
> > I was told that there was a bet in the amount of 200 dollars
> >
> > that is quite different than a bet for 100
> >
> > do i have to explain further ?
>
> Yes, explain who told you that there was a bet in the amount of 200
> dollars. Cause I'm sure neither of the people involved in the bet would
> have described it as such.
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
> "SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

i read a post that said if DETROIT , either won one game , or the post
read if detroit loses all games then "I must pay someone 200 dollars ".

The way it was worded it sounded like a 200 bet , instead of a 100 double
or nothing

Easy to understand


Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

_____________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




   
Date: 19 Dec 2008 21:29:39
From: FangBanger
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 11:02 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Dec 19 2008 9:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:
>
> > Is this a typo or do you think Doggy is retarded?
>
> Ding ding.
>
> JBK and Fell had a bet for the presidential election and Fell won $100.
> They then went double or nothing on the Detroit Lions bet. If the Lions
> win a game this year Fell wins $200. If they don't win a game this year
> JBK gets to keep his $100.
>
> Doggy, in his every day infinite wisdom has decided that Fell is a moron
> if he doesn't settle this bet by paying JBK $60-$70 right now.
>
> Any questions?

you dont understand the concept of "settling" a prop bet when you have the
worst of it ?
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
> "SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio


Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

____________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




  
Date: 19 Dec 2008 20:15:44
From: Will in New Haven
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19, 11:14 pm, "garycarson" <garycar...@alumni.northwestern.edu >
wrote:
> On Dec 19 2008 10:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:
>
> > On Dec 19, 10:27 pm, "XaQ Morphy" <a1c5...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > > Game is NLHE. Assume each of you put in $100 preflop.
>
> > Bet all my chips. What kind of question is this?
>
> In a previous thread he said he always labels his questions as serious
> when he's not trolling. He di8dn't label this one as serious.
>
> So, to answer your question, it's a troll.
>
> It's not rocket science.

Well, there's enough internal evidence and Morphy history that I
figured that out. However, I haven't read the post where he admitted
he is such a waste of time and space.
I
--
Will in New Haven



  
Date: 19 Dec 2008 20:23:14
From: RazzO
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
So you're Doggy, huh, Will? I'll be damn.



On Dec 19 2008 7:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:

> Bet all my chips. What kind of question is this? I have a free-roll
> and he doesn't know what I have. He may fold, I may win the pot if he
> calls and I can't lose.
>
> Is this a typo or do you think Doggy is retarded? Why did we both
> check the flop?
>
> Or both, of course.
>
> --
> Will in New Haven


RazzO
"Your all is idiots!" - Mike Matusow

---- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 19 Dec 2008 20:14:20
From: garycarson
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 10:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:

> On Dec 19, 10:27 pm, "XaQ Morphy" <a1c5...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > Game is NLHE. Assume each of you put in $100 preflop.
> >

>
> Bet all my chips. What kind of question is this?

In a previous thread he said he always labels his questions as serious
when he's not trolling. He di8dn't label this one as serious.

So, to answer your question, it's a troll.

It's not rocket science.

------- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




   
Date: 20 Dec 2008 12:27:58
From: Jason Pawloski
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 9:14 PM, garycarson wrote:

> On Dec 19 2008 10:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:
>
> > On Dec 19, 10:27 pm, "XaQ Morphy" <a1c5...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > > Game is NLHE. Assume each of you put in $100 preflop.
> > >
>
> >
> > Bet all my chips. What kind of question is this?
>
> In a previous thread he said he always labels his questions as serious
> when he's not trolling. He di8dn't label this one as serious.
>
> So, to answer your question, it's a troll.
>
> It's not rocket science.

Good insight, Gary.

--
"Actually, I will read Jason's posts too. He's smart also." - Paul
Popinjay, 10/21/2007 (http://tinyurl.com/4bggyp)

_______________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




   
Date: 20 Dec 2008 00:30:44
From: Jason Pawloski
Subject: Re: poker question for doggy
On Dec 19 2008 9:14 PM, garycarson wrote:

> On Dec 19 2008 10:48 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:
>
> > On Dec 19, 10:27 pm, "XaQ Morphy" <a1c5...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > > Game is NLHE. Assume each of you put in $100 preflop.
> > >
>
> >
> > Bet all my chips. What kind of question is this?
>
> In a previous thread he said he always labels his questions as serious
> when he's not trolling. He di8dn't label this one as serious.

GARY CARSON FAILING LOGIC 101 ONCE AGAIN

A implies B is not logically equivalent to
not A implies not B

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORON

>
> So, to answer your question, it's a troll.
>
> It's not rocket science.


--
"Actually, I will read Jason's posts too. He's smart also." - Paul
Popinjay, 10/21/2007 (http://tinyurl.com/4bggyp)

____________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com