pokerfied.com
Promoting poker discussions.

Main
Date: 27 Jan 2009 11:46:51
From: Vince
Subject: certifiable nut case
Has there been in recent times a bigger clown in public office than Rod
Blagojevich? The governorship in Illinois seems to be a breeding ground for
corruption- Otto Kerner and George Ryan both did time in prison and now
Blago, who by the way is in his second term. The people in Ill. deserve what
they get.

Vince





 
Date: 27 Jan 2009 09:24:31
From: Scott/sjakma
Subject: Re: certifiable nut case
On Jan 27 2009 11:51 AM, Vince wrote:

> Has there been in recent times a bigger clown in public office than Rod
> Blagojevich? The governorship in Illinois seems to be a breeding ground for
> corruption- Otto Kerner and George Ryan both did time in prison and now
> Blago, who by the way is in his second term. The people in Ill. deserve what
> they get.
>
> Vince

In 2002, Blago was probably the least likely candidate to get elected as
Governor. Roland Burris was strong in Chicago and Paul Vallas was strong
n the collar counties. Unfortunately, there was extremely high turnout
downstate that pushed Blago over the top. In the general election he ran
against Illinois Attorney General Jim Ryan and republicans did not have
much of a chance after the George Ryan scandal.

In 2006, he ran against Judy Barr Topinka and she got absolutely no
support for the election and she was only able to raise 6 million to
Blago's 27 million. In 2006, Blago was already under investigation and
the state budget was a disaster. I have no clue how he was able to get
elected again.

____________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 27 Jan 2009 10:59:45
From: Susan
Subject: Re: certifiable nut case

"Vince" <vcuccia122@comcast.net > wrote in message
news:497f3aa3$0$15683$7836cce5@newsrazor.net...
> Has there been in recent times a bigger clown in public office than Rod
> Blagojevich? The governorship in Illinois seems to be a breeding ground
> for corruption- Otto Kerner and George Ryan both did time in prison and
> now Blago, who by the way is in his second term. The people in Ill.
> deserve what they get.
>
> Vince

He is so far over the top that it is getting funny to watch him defend
himself.




  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 09:32:40
From: Scott/sjakma
Subject: Re: certifiable nut case
On Jan 27 2009 11:59 AM, Susan wrote:

> "Vince" <vcuccia122@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:497f3aa3$0$15683$7836cce5@newsrazor.net...
> > Has there been in recent times a bigger clown in public office than Rod
> > Blagojevich? The governorship in Illinois seems to be a breeding ground
> > for corruption- Otto Kerner and George Ryan both did time in prison and
> > now Blago, who by the way is in his second term. The people in Ill.
> > deserve what they get.
> >
> > Vince
>
> He is so far over the top that it is getting funny to watch him defend
> himself.

The P.R. firm he hired happens to be the same firm that Drew
Peterson(missing 4th wife, dead 3rd wife) is using. They have him hitting
as many tv progams / news shows as possible today..

6:45 a.m. CBS' Evening News (taped before CBS' The Early Show)

7 a.m. CBS' The Early Show (Central Park studios)

8:10 a.m. Fox & Friends (FOX)

8:45 a.m. Associated Press' TV studio (450 W. 33rd St.)

10:30 a.m. Fox Business Network (1211 Avenue of Americas)

11:15 a.m.- In Session/TruTV: Jami Floyd: Best Defense (600 3rd Avenue)

12:30 p.m.. Glenn Beck (FOX)

1:30 p.m. Campbell Brown (CNN Center)

2 p.m.- Rachel Maddow (30 Rockefeller Center)

2:30 p.m Greta Van Susteren (undisclosed location)

3:30 p.m. DL Hughley (CNN Center)

----- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



   
Date: 27 Jan 2009 12:56:42
From: James L. Hankins
Subject: Re: certifiable nut case

"Scott/sjakma" <scott@scottadams.com > wrote in message
news:o2t356xl9c.ln2@recgroups.com...
> On Jan 27 2009 11:59 AM, Susan wrote:
>
>> "Vince" <vcuccia122@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:497f3aa3$0$15683$7836cce5@newsrazor.net...
>> > Has there been in recent times a bigger clown in public office than Rod
>> > Blagojevich? The governorship in Illinois seems to be a breeding ground
>> > for corruption- Otto Kerner and George Ryan both did time in prison and
>> > now Blago, who by the way is in his second term. The people in Ill.
>> > deserve what they get.
>> >
>> > Vince
>>
>> He is so far over the top that it is getting funny to watch him defend
>> himself.
>
> The P.R. firm he hired happens to be the same firm that Drew
> Peterson(missing 4th wife, dead 3rd wife) is using. They have him hitting
> as many tv progams / news shows as possible today..
>
> 6:45 a.m. CBS' Evening News (taped before CBS' The Early Show)
>
> 7 a.m. CBS' The Early Show (Central Park studios)
>
> 8:10 a.m. Fox & Friends (FOX)
>
> 8:45 a.m. Associated Press' TV studio (450 W. 33rd St.)
>
> 10:30 a.m. Fox Business Network (1211 Avenue of Americas)
>
> 11:15 a.m.- In Session/TruTV: Jami Floyd: Best Defense (600 3rd Avenue)
>
> 12:30 p.m.. Glenn Beck (FOX)
>
> 1:30 p.m. Campbell Brown (CNN Center)
>
> 2 p.m.- Rachel Maddow (30 Rockefeller Center)
>
> 2:30 p.m Greta Van Susteren (undisclosed location)
>
> 3:30 p.m. DL Hughley (CNN Center)



Kind of tells you something when they are hitting the talk shows rather than
defending the impeachment charges. The Illinois State Senate needs to
convict that nutjob and cut this thing off at the head so it doesn't
embarrass the state any more than it has.




    
Date: 27 Jan 2009 19:24:51
From: Irish Mike
Subject: Re: certifiable nut case

"James L. Hankins" <jhankins5@cox.net > wrote in message
news:LNIfl.80964$1k1.49708@newsfe14.iad...
>
> "Scott/sjakma" <scott@scottadams.com> wrote in message
> news:o2t356xl9c.ln2@recgroups.com...
>> On Jan 27 2009 11:59 AM, Susan wrote:
>>
>>> "Vince" <vcuccia122@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> news:497f3aa3$0$15683$7836cce5@newsrazor.net...
>>> > Has there been in recent times a bigger clown in public office than
>>> > Rod
>>> > Blagojevich? The governorship in Illinois seems to be a breeding
>>> > ground
>>> > for corruption- Otto Kerner and George Ryan both did time in prison
>>> > and
>>> > now Blago, who by the way is in his second term. The people in Ill.
>>> > deserve what they get.
>>> >
>>> > Vince
>>>
>>> He is so far over the top that it is getting funny to watch him defend
>>> himself.
>>
>> The P.R. firm he hired happens to be the same firm that Drew
>> Peterson(missing 4th wife, dead 3rd wife) is using. They have him
>> hitting
>> as many tv progams / news shows as possible today..
>>
>> 6:45 a.m. CBS' Evening News (taped before CBS' The Early Show)
>>
>> 7 a.m. CBS' The Early Show (Central Park studios)
>>
>> 8:10 a.m. Fox & Friends (FOX)
>>
>> 8:45 a.m. Associated Press' TV studio (450 W. 33rd St.)
>>
>> 10:30 a.m. Fox Business Network (1211 Avenue of Americas)
>>
>> 11:15 a.m.- In Session/TruTV: Jami Floyd: Best Defense (600 3rd Avenue)
>>
>> 12:30 p.m.. Glenn Beck (FOX)
>>
>> 1:30 p.m. Campbell Brown (CNN Center)
>>
>> 2 p.m.- Rachel Maddow (30 Rockefeller Center)
>>
>> 2:30 p.m Greta Van Susteren (undisclosed location)
>>
>> 3:30 p.m. DL Hughley (CNN Center)
>
>
>
> Kind of tells you something when they are hitting the talk shows rather
> than defending the impeachment charges. The Illinois State Senate needs
> to convict that nutjob and cut this thing off at the head so it doesn't
> embarrass the state any more than it has.

So far the smartest guy in the room is Blago's attorney, who resigned. They
will impeach Blago but they won't bring criminal charges against him. If
they did there would be a full trial and The Messiah might get splashed.
They ain't about to let that happen.

Irish Mike