pokerfied.com
Promoting poker discussions.

Main
Date: 03 Feb 2009 21:30:29
From: RussGeorgiev@aol.com
Subject: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
Good players vs. Bad players

I've stated numerous times before the reason I prefer short games or
heads-up games is you have numerous confrontations with your opponents
all the time. The more confrontations with each other, the better it
is for the best player. Also, short games in general don't have the
great fluctuations of small limit ring games.

Let's get to the jist of this post. The basic difference between bad
players and good players in general (especially in limit games) is the
amount of hands they play. We're talking ring game poker now,
especially cash games.

Bad players will win more pots than good players will, the reason
being they'll chase far more than the better players. This means
they'll also lose more pots since they're playing more hands.

Most of you have no idea how hard being a professional poker player
is. It's boring, tedious and mentally strenuos taking some of the
ridiculous beats.

Now we have a group of people on this site currently that basically
oppose everything I say. But, the truth be said, I can only state that
of rec.gambling.poker that the only career professional poker players
that post number but three.

The three being, Arlo Paine, Dave Keiser and myself. If we were
horseflesh, our lineage could be traced back to the 60s and 70s. Now
many can state they win, fine, I'm not arguing. The fact is simple,
the new age of poker is about 5 years old, which is hardly a long
enough sample.

Many of you think Online Poker is the second coming. Online poker is
crooked, plain and simple. Many reasons will be given why so many of
the old posters have left. The main reason is simple, though most
won't agree with me until they're broke or going into bankrupcy from
gambling addiction. Then they'll leave RGP as they have during the
past five years.

When Party Poker became the dominant site, it also was crooked, using
action flops to entice players and add excitement to a game. It also
couldn't have the best players devour the weak as quickly as they
would in B&Ms, so they implemented action flops.

Later, they rid themselves of the people who used to be the props in
the games. The people who were paid pennies a hand to play. Online
used to be a goldmine, but not anymore.

Few of you players have played online as long as I have. I destroyed
more online games than many of you can imagine. I did what was easiest
to get the money.

When PokerStars first started they're PLO games, I was there. PLO8 or
PLO, didn't matter, I was there with the accounts and everything else.

I remember when they started the $2-$4 PL games with $200 buy-ins,
then added the $3-$6, $5-$10 and the dozens of these games the site
had going round the clock. These days, it's hard to find one. WHY?

I remember the stud games, $10-$20-$30-$60 in both split and straight.
Games going round the clock. Games are no longer going, except on rare
occasions. The people think the site is going strong, yet if they
looked at all the Freemoney play, plus the mini limit play combined
with the multi table play of numerous players, the stats would be very
misleading.

I'd bet Commerce has more mid level and high action going round the
clock than PokerStars with it's 200,000 advertised players. Add in the
percentage of players in the pots with pot average and any trained eye
can see something is wrong.

Most of you play NLH. The problem with NLH is many games have far
greater edges. Why would a skilled professional want to play games
with smaller edges when they can play games with larger edges?

Online I basically play stud variations, as I would if I was in a
casino. I also play PL variations, just as I would if I was in a
casino. The problem I'm having with online poker these days is I'm not
winning any hands in cash games. Now it doesn't matter if you're a
good player or a bad player, pots are supposed to be won. The beats I
take in the games I play are absolutely ridiculous.

Plus, no games at all for days, then numerous games for several hours,
then no games at all. What is going on? I'll be playing stud, stud 8
and razz. Where do you think I'm constantly rolled up? Why is it
almost always razz?

I sit for hours in sit and goes waiting for heads-up play. I'm playing
multiple games, so it's not like I'm not playing. Then, all of a
sudden, a person I have never seen before sits down and plays me heads-
up and plays every hand raising like a madman with nothing. Almost
always get the 2500-500 edge, but far too many come backs from
unplayable hands.

I'm not talking about NL, but limit stud variations and PLO
variations. Numerous accounts can't win at all. Basically throwing
money away, even though I'm playing all. Where my money used to come
from cash games, it's now coming from tournaments and no where near
what it's supposed to be.

On Fulltilt, I always make big hands and have the lead until the
river, where I'm drawn out like it's supposed to happen. In a casino,
I would be thinking the player is drawing dead from previous style. On
Stars, I start off with a normal 4 to a wheel in razz or stud 8 and
catch bricks the rest of the way.

New accounts always win. It's just too much hastle for too little
money to open and find new accounts. At least with Pokerstars you get
your money fairly quickly, Fulltilt is a joke to deal with. Thankfully
I know how to cashout almost instantly.

I'll be on RGP until I die, most of you will give up poker before
long. To most of you online is like smoking a couple of packs a day.
In the end, you can't afford to play.

No matter how badly you play, you're supposed to win pots. The worse
you play, the bigger the pots. The worse you play, the more pots you
win. If you're not winning pots, something is wrong.

Russ Georgiev

www.pokermafia.com
www.pokerunchecked.com
www.russgeorgiev.com




 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 11:54:21
From: RussGeorgiev@aol.com
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gambling.poker/browse_thread/thread/3aec=
339d5f9c2dcc/eebc76d42b4123f9?lnk=3Dgst&q=3DPokerstars++++GCA#eebc76d42b412=
3f9




On Feb 4, 8:01=EF=BF=BDam, "John_Brian_K" <a7ec...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> > When PokerStars first started they're PLO games, I was there. PLO8 or
> > PLO, didn't matter, I was there with the accounts and everything else.
>
> I thought you always said you did not play on Stars? =EF=BF=BDOr was that=
you do
> not play on Stars anymore?
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
> nor will =EF=BF=BDI =EF=BF=BDconsider you =EF=BF=BDnecessarily wise =EF=
=BF=BDbecause you are =EF=BF=BDgrave.
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> 47.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
> JBK
>
> ------=EF=BF=BD
> : the next generation of web-newsreaders :http://www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 04 Feb 2009 12:07:53
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gambling.poker/browse_thread/thread/3aec339d5f9c2dcc/eebc76d42b4123f9?lnk=gst&q=Pokerstars++++GCA#eebc76d42b4123f9

I have seen that before, but I thought you would not play on Stars. Was
that Fulltilt I am thinking of?

==========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
==============================
47.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
JBK

____________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



   
Date: 04 Feb 2009 14:21:10
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
On Feb 4 2009 2:07 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> I have seen that before, but I thought you would not play on Stars. Was
> that Fulltilt I am thinking of?

No, the site Russ won't play on is the one where the challenge is issued.

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

-------- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



    
Date: 04 Feb 2009 17:36:56
From: Lucky Liz
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
I don't understand why you guys are on Russ all the time? He has came with
a lot of real good poker advise and it is all free.

As for the cheating shit, he could be right, who the hell knows, take it
for what its worth. What's the difference if a lot of the high stakes
players are cheaters or not, we will never know for sure one way or the
other? I don't understand how you guys can defend the players when you
wouldn't know if they are or aren't cheaters? If they are, are they
supposed to confess?

I have learend a lot reading what Russ writes and have also learned a lot
at poker strategy forums, and it is all free!

_______________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



     
Date: 04 Feb 2009 20:28:34
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
On Feb 4 2009 7:36 PM, Lucky Liz wrote:

> I don't understand why you guys are on Russ all the time? He has came with
> a lot of real good poker advise and it is all free.

I haven't seen a single thing that Russ has posted that applies to today's
poker game (which I know you guys don't want to hear, but is primarily
online). What good is advice if it doesn't apply to anything? I mean, I
could write up a guide to servicing horse drawn carriages but what good
would it do?

He's shown time and time again that he has no understanding of today's
world of poker, especially online. His cluelessness knows no bounds, as
they say.

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

--- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



      
Date: 05 Feb 2009 04:27:49
From: FellKnight
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
On Feb 4 2009 11:28 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Feb 4 2009 7:36 PM, Lucky Liz wrote:
>
> > I don't understand why you guys are on Russ all the time? He has came with
> > a lot of real good poker advise and it is all free.
>
> I haven't seen a single thing that Russ has posted that applies to today's
> poker game (which I know you guys don't want to hear, but is primarily
> online). What good is advice if it doesn't apply to anything? I mean, I
> could write up a guide to servicing horse drawn carriages but what good
> would it do?
>
> He's shown time and time again that he has no understanding of today's
> world of poker, especially online. His cluelessness knows no bounds, as
> they say.

bu-bu-but he scammed neteller for 100k or more!!!!

Fell
--
"Don't underestimate Fell. He's a smart kid."
- Paul Popinjay, RGP, Nov 15, 2008

______________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 06:30:29
From: Senator Millionaire
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
On Feb 4, 9:07=A0am, "Will_gamble" <a1...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
>
> I finally had to say to hell with this, I can not win at cash games for
> whatever reason.

The last time I played cash games at Stars, I flopped three sets in an
hour and lost ALL three hands to higher sets. On two occasions, my
opponent had a higher over pair and hit their two outers on the turn
or river to win. I have not or will not play cash games online ever
again.



  
Date: 04 Feb 2009 06:51:15
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
> The last time I played cash games at Stars, I flopped three sets in an
> hour and lost ALL three hands to higher sets. On two occasions, my
> opponent had a higher over pair and hit their two outers on the turn
> or river to win. I have not or will not play cash games online ever
> again.

I played 3-6LHE last week at Caesars for about 4 hours and got KK twice
and lost both to gutshots on the RIVER raising the whole way. My karma is
soo fucked right now. WTF did I fuck with to deserve THIS? Mother
Theresa come back from the grave as a bum on the street or something.
Rolling bums is one of my favorite pastimes.

Live play is rigged. Of course it was a hand shuffle because the machine
was broke. Doggy was that you dealing you cheatin old bastard?

==========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
==============================
47.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
JBK

--- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 18:25:10
From: RussGeorgiev@aol.com
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
What a joke? A six handed game being called a short game. Well, what
if you liked to play full? When are the B&Ms putting the 6 handed
games in:)?




On Feb 4, 5:00=EF=BF=BDpm, "Wayne Vinson" <a7a8...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> On Feb 4 2009 3:56 PM, RussGeorg...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > 6 Handed is not a short game. 3-4 handed is. 6 handed is a house game
> > and a scam game. It's also a game you put up when u can't fill a 9
> > handed game.
>
> It's outdated ideas like these that insure you will never be a big succes=
s
> in online poker. =EF=BF=BD6-max is popular because it induces additional =
action,
> which SHOULD be to your liking if you are in fact such a wonderful player=
.
>
> Numerous players have climbed the 6-max PLO ladder to at least $25/50. =
=EF=BF=BDIf
> you can't, the real question is what they know that you don't.
>
> Wayne Vinsonhttp://cardsharp.org/
> Wayne (dot) Vinson (at) gmail (dot) com
>
> ---=EF=BF=BD
> RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 04 Feb 2009 21:17:55
From: Wayne Vinson
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
> What a joke? A six handed game being called a short game. Well, what
> if you liked to play full? When are the B&Ms putting the 6 handed
> games in:)?

Another incoherent Russ post. I am NOT joking about going to see your
doctor about these cognitive problems. He may be able to help, and if not
he can probably send you to someone who can. There's no reason you have
to go through life posting like Doggy.

Wayne Vinson
http://cardsharp.org/
Wayne (dot) Vinson (at) gmail (dot) com

---- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 13:59:51
From: RussGeorgiev@aol.com
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
I played/play on all, except for Absolute/Ultimate Bet. I can even
play on European sites, yet no nothing about computers. The only
income I have is online poker. Bare bones bills are $4,000 a month. No
frills




On Feb 4, 12:07=EF=BF=BDpm, "John_Brian_K" <a7ec...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gambling.poker/browse_thread/threa...
>
> I have seen that before, but I thought you would not play on Stars. =EF=
=BF=BDWas
> that Fulltilt I am thinking of?
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
> nor will =EF=BF=BDI =EF=BF=BDconsider you =EF=BF=BDnecessarily wise =EF=
=BF=BDbecause you are =EF=BF=BDgrave.
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> 47.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
> JBK
>
> ____________________________________________________________________=EF=
=BF=BD
> * kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more..www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 04 Feb 2009 16:19:17
From: mccard
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G

<RussGeorgiev@aol.com > wrote in message
news:512e0a36-f571-4277-83fa-7782db8db858@l33g2000pri.googlegroups.com...
I played/play on all, except for Absolute/Ultimate Bet. I can even
play on European sites, yet no nothing about computers. The only
income I have is online poker. Bare bones bills are $4,000 a month. No
frills

I though you said you paid more that that each week for hookers and
champagne?



 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 13:56:26
From: RussGeorgiev@aol.com
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
6 Handed is not a short game. 3-4 handed is. 6 handed is a house game
and a scam game. It's also a game you put up when u can't fill a 9
handed game.




On Feb 4, 12:06=EF=BF=BDpm, "Wayne Vinson" <a7a8...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> On Feb 4 2009 1:57 PM, RussGeorg...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Wayne, how come the PL0 games are 6 handed now? I see almost no games
> > at this time, except 6 handed games.
>
> Presumably because that's what people like to play. =EF=BF=BDYou said you=
liked
> short handed, so that shouldn't be an issue.
>
> Wayne Vinsonhttp://cardsharp.org/
> Wayne (dot) Vinson (at) gmail (dot) com
>
> ________________________________________________________________________=
=EF=BF=BD
> looking for a better newsgroup-reader? -www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 04 Feb 2009 17:00:51
From: Wayne Vinson
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
On Feb 4 2009 3:56 PM, RussGeorgiev@aol.com wrote:

> 6 Handed is not a short game. 3-4 handed is. 6 handed is a house game
> and a scam game. It's also a game you put up when u can't fill a 9
> handed game.

It's outdated ideas like these that insure you will never be a big success
in online poker. 6-max is popular because it induces additional action,
which SHOULD be to your liking if you are in fact such a wonderful player.

Numerous players have climbed the 6-max PLO ladder to at least $25/50. If
you can't, the real question is what they know that you don't.

Wayne Vinson
http://cardsharp.org/
Wayne (dot) Vinson (at) gmail (dot) com

--- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 11:57:59
From: RussGeorgiev@aol.com
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
Wayne, how come the PL0 games are 6 handed now? I see almost no games
at this time, except 6 handed games.





On Feb 4, 6:48=EF=BF=BDam, "Wayne Vinson" <a7a8...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> > I remember when they started the $2-$4 PL games with $200 buy-ins,
> > then added the $3-$6, $5-$10 and the dozens of these games the site
> > had going round the clock. These days, it's hard to find one. WHY?
>
> Hmm, fact check time. =EF=BF=BDAs of 7:33 MST there are 17 PLO games betw=
een 2/4
> and 5/10 going on Stars. =EF=BF=BDNot to mention 3 $25/50 games and two g=
uys
> sitting for heads up at those relatively lofty stakes.
>
> If you're having a hard time finding a game, I don't know what to tell yo=
u
> except that I'm dead serious about talking to your doctor about your
> cognitive issues. =EF=BF=BDWhatever is causing your problem may be correc=
table.
>
> > I remember the stud games, $10-$20-$30-$60 in both split and straight.
> > Games going round the clock. Games are no longer going, except on rare
> > occasions. The people think the site is going strong, yet if they
> > looked at all the Freemoney play, plus the mini limit play combined
> > with the multi table play of numerous players, the stats would be very
> > misleading.
>
> Hmm, again fact check time - there are currently 30-60 games of both
> regular and stud 8 going on Stars. =EF=BF=BDAnd that's at 7:38 in the mor=
ning.
>
> > I'd bet Commerce has more mid level and high action going round the
> > clock than PokerStars with it's 200,000 advertised players. Add in the
> > percentage of players in the pots with pot average and any trained eye
> > can see something is wrong.
>
> > Most of you play NLH. The problem with NLH is many games have far
> > greater edges. Why would a skilled professional want to play games
> > with smaller edges when they can play games with larger edges?
>
> > Online I basically play stud variations, as I would if I was in a
> > casino. I also play PL variations, just as I would if I was in a
> > casino. The problem I'm having with online poker these days is I'm not
> > winning any hands in cash games. Now it doesn't matter if you're a
> > good player or a bad player, pots are supposed to be won. The beats I
> > take in the games I play are absolutely ridiculous.
>
> Ah, now we get down to it. =EF=BF=BDRuss can no longer beat the games. =
=EF=BF=BDCouldn't
> happen to a nicer guy. =EF=BF=BDWhether you think the deal is funny or no=
t, the
> games are definitely beatable. =EF=BF=BDJust not beatable by you.
>
> Wayne Vinsonhttp://cardsharp.org/
> Wayne (dot) Vinson (at) gmail (dot) com
>
> ----=EF=BF=BD
> looking for a better newsgroup-reader? -www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 04 Feb 2009 12:06:18
From: Wayne Vinson
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
On Feb 4 2009 1:57 PM, RussGeorgiev@aol.com wrote:

> Wayne, how come the PL0 games are 6 handed now? I see almost no games
> at this time, except 6 handed games.

Presumably because that's what people like to play. You said you liked
short handed, so that shouldn't be an issue.


Wayne Vinson
http://cardsharp.org/
Wayne (dot) Vinson (at) gmail (dot) com

________________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 08:01:07
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
> When PokerStars first started they're PLO games, I was there. PLO8 or
> PLO, didn't matter, I was there with the accounts and everything else.

I thought you always said you did not play on Stars? Or was that you do
not play on Stars anymore?

==========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
==============================
47.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
JBK

------ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 07:28:32
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
On Feb 3 2009 11:30 PM, RussGeorgiev@aol.com wrote:

> I remember when they started the $2-$4 PL games with $200 buy-ins,
> then added the $3-$6, $5-$10 and the dozens of these games the site
> had going round the clock. These days, it's hard to find one. WHY?

Go into your filter settings and uncheck "hide full tables." Hope this
helps.

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

------- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 06:48:44
From: Wayne Vinson
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
> I remember when they started the $2-$4 PL games with $200 buy-ins,
> then added the $3-$6, $5-$10 and the dozens of these games the site
> had going round the clock. These days, it's hard to find one. WHY?

Hmm, fact check time. As of 7:33 MST there are 17 PLO games between 2/4
and 5/10 going on Stars. Not to mention 3 $25/50 games and two guys
sitting for heads up at those relatively lofty stakes.

If you're having a hard time finding a game, I don't know what to tell you
except that I'm dead serious about talking to your doctor about your
cognitive issues. Whatever is causing your problem may be correctable.

> I remember the stud games, $10-$20-$30-$60 in both split and straight.
> Games going round the clock. Games are no longer going, except on rare
> occasions. The people think the site is going strong, yet if they
> looked at all the Freemoney play, plus the mini limit play combined
> with the multi table play of numerous players, the stats would be very
> misleading.

Hmm, again fact check time - there are currently 30-60 games of both
regular and stud 8 going on Stars. And that's at 7:38 in the morning.

> I'd bet Commerce has more mid level and high action going round the
> clock than PokerStars with it's 200,000 advertised players. Add in the
> percentage of players in the pots with pot average and any trained eye
> can see something is wrong.
>
> Most of you play NLH. The problem with NLH is many games have far
> greater edges. Why would a skilled professional want to play games
> with smaller edges when they can play games with larger edges?
>
> Online I basically play stud variations, as I would if I was in a
> casino. I also play PL variations, just as I would if I was in a
> casino. The problem I'm having with online poker these days is I'm not
> winning any hands in cash games. Now it doesn't matter if you're a
> good player or a bad player, pots are supposed to be won. The beats I
> take in the games I play are absolutely ridiculous.

Ah, now we get down to it. Russ can no longer beat the games. Couldn't
happen to a nicer guy. Whether you think the deal is funny or not, the
games are definitely beatable. Just not beatable by you.

Wayne Vinson
http://cardsharp.org/
Wayne (dot) Vinson (at) gmail (dot) com

---- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 06:42:07
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
> Let's get to the jist of this post. The basic difference between bad
> players and good players in general (especially in limit games) is the
> amount of hands they play. We're talking ring game poker now,
> especially cash games.

It all comes back to Irish Mikes question as to what you play poker for.
I am a TVSM in your eyes Russ that I am sure. Under 40? Check. Playing
less than 10 years? Check.

When I first started playing poker at the casino it was right before
moneymaker. I had been playing quarter games with friends and family for
years, but had a decent job and started branching out. Back then I played
to win no question. I didn't make a ton of money and didn't like to lose
what I had. I am a sucker now. I play for entertainment and I do this
mainly because I cannot find a LHE game that plays for stakes that make me
give a fuck. 10-20LHE would be perfect and WAS perfect for a while, but
the game died and along came a steady diet of nothing but NL and 3-6LHE.
I could eek out a win in 3-6LHE if I tried hard enough, but like you say
it takes some effort and it is not worth it to me.

I make more money now and have more money in the bank then I have ever had
in my life. 100.00 on 3-6LHE is the same as a 100.00 on tickets to the
Tigers game. Entertainment.

What I would not give to care about the stakes again. Then again maybe I
am just using that as an excuse to play shitty poker which is what I have
been playing the past 8-9 months.

==========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
==============================
47.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
JBK

--- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 06:07:29
From: Will_gamble
Subject: Re: WARNING: This post contains POKER CONTENT----Russ G
On Feb 3 2009 11:30 PM, RussGeorgiev@aol.com wrote:

> Online I basically play stud variations, as I would if I was in a
> casino. I also play PL variations, just as I would if I was in a
> casino. The problem I'm having with online poker these days is I'm not
> winning any hands in cash games. Now it doesn't matter if you're a
> good player or a bad player, pots are supposed to be won. The beats I
> take in the games I play are absolutely ridiculous.
>


I have been playing a lot of cash short handed O8 lately as I did Stud8
earlier and what you say about cash games is spot on. Even if I were a
terrible player I should have my day once in awhile. Instead it is a
steady diet of bricks and dicks in Stars cash games.

I finally had to say to hell with this, I can not win at cash games for
whatever reason.

---- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com