pokerfied.com
Promoting poker discussions.

Main
Date: 21 Feb 2009 21:32:01
From: FangBanger
Subject: RUSS'S LO-BALL PROP.. & a Bjack prop
Russ may have been going in a different direction , but I have seen Russ's
prop many years ago worded somewhat differently .

It reads like this . You are going to give your opponent A23 joker, to
draw to and you are going to hold a "pat 9 " low .

Question ; Would you rather hold a "straight 9 " ,or a "9-4". Most newbs
and rookies would instantly answer "9-4" , and they would be wrong

You are much better to posess the straight 9 , as it has 4 cards your
opponent needs to catch to beat you , and the 9-4 lo contains 3 of the
cards that pair your opponents draw .

Here is another old one : in blackjack

I will be the house and give you 18 every hand .

Will you take it .. and oh by the way ..YOU CAN DEAL THE CARDS (just for
honesty's sake)

Think this one over before answering


Jason,you,
sir, are much, much stupider than FangBanger.

------ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com





 
Date: 21 Feb 2009 22:24:15
From: Steam
Subject: Re: RUSS'S LO-BALL PROP.. & a Bjack prop
On Feb 21 2009 9:32 PM, FangBanger wrote:

> Russ may have been going in a different direction , but I have seen Russ's
> prop many years ago worded somewhat differently .
>
> It reads like this . You are going to give your opponent A23 joker, to
> draw to and you are going to hold a "pat 9 " low .
>
> Question ; Would you rather hold a "straight 9 " ,or a "9-4". Most newbs
> and rookies would instantly answer "9-4" , and they would be wrong
>
> You are much better to posess the straight 9 , as it has 4 cards your
> opponent needs to catch to beat you , and the 9-4 lo contains 3 of the
> cards that pair your opponents draw .
>

That is correct, I can't argue with that.

----- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




  
Date: 22 Feb 2009 01:02:04
From: RussGeorgiev@aol.com
Subject: Re: RUSS'S LO-BALL PROP.. & a Bjack prop
You fail to read the bet properly. I stated I would give you the pat
9. PLus, even if you have an A2349 against an A23-joker-K, you will
not BEAT the hand more times than you don't beat it. If you tie, do
you beat the hand?




On Feb 21, 11:57=EF=BF=BDpm, "Steam" <a74b...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> On Feb 21 2009 11:43 PM, Steam wrote:
>
> > On Feb 21 2009 10:56 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
> > > "Steam" <a74b...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> > >news:fl7776xn4u.ln2@recgroups.com...
>
> > > > That is correct, I can't argue with that.
>
> > > But is either 98765 or 9432A an underdog to A23WK? (w=3Djoker)
>
> > No, but A23b9, where b =3D anything besides a 4, is an underdog to A23W=
K.
>
> Because it does one thing, it turns the 9s into straight winning outs for
> the draw instead of tie outs, thus giving you 22 win outs with the draw
> instead of 19 win outs and 3 tie outs.
>
> _____________________________________________________________________=EF=
=BF=BD
> : the next generation of web-newsreaders :http://www.recgroups.com



   
Date: 22 Feb 2009 02:36:58
From: Steam
Subject: Re: RUSS'S LO-BALL PROP.. & a Bjack prop
On Feb 22 2009 1:02 AM, RussGeorgiev@aol.com wrote:

> You fail to read the bet properly. I stated I would give you the pat
> 9. PLus, even if you have an A2349 against an A23-joker-K, you will
> not BEAT the hand more times than you don't beat it. If you tie, do
> you beat the hand?
>
>
This particular thread was about how Fangbanger had heard the bet (not
your bet) many years ago. In regards to your thread, you had originally
stated that Wayne was wrong to take the smooth 9. Only when you realiized
you were wrong did you change the wording for your bet proposition.

------- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




  
Date: 21 Feb 2009 22:56:36
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: RUSS'S LO-BALL PROP.. & a Bjack prop
"Steam" <a74baac@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:fl7776xn4u.ln2@recgroups.com...

>
> That is correct, I can't argue with that.
>

But is either 98765 or 9432A an underdog to A23WK? (w=joker)





   
Date: 21 Feb 2009 23:43:37
From: Steam
Subject: Re: RUSS'S LO-BALL PROP.. & a Bjack prop
On Feb 21 2009 10:56 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> "Steam" <a74baac@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> news:fl7776xn4u.ln2@recgroups.com...
>
> >
> > That is correct, I can't argue with that.
> >
>
> But is either 98765 or 9432A an underdog to A23WK? (w=joker)

No, but A23b9, where b = anything besides a 4, is an underdog to A23WK.

_____________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



    
Date: 21 Feb 2009 23:57:50
From: Steam
Subject: Re: RUSS'S LO-BALL PROP.. & a Bjack prop
On Feb 21 2009 11:43 PM, Steam wrote:

> On Feb 21 2009 10:56 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
> > "Steam" <a74baac@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> > news:fl7776xn4u.ln2@recgroups.com...
> >
> > >
> > > That is correct, I can't argue with that.
> > >
> >
> > But is either 98765 or 9432A an underdog to A23WK? (w=joker)
>
> No, but A23b9, where b = anything besides a 4, is an underdog to A23WK.

Because it does one thing, it turns the 9s into straight winning outs for
the draw instead of tie outs, thus giving you 22 win outs with the draw
instead of 19 win outs and 3 tie outs.

_____________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 21 Feb 2009 22:05:30
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: RUSS'S LO-BALL PROP.. & a Bjack prop
"FangBanger" <a29bed1@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:hj4776xm81.ln2@recgroups.com...

>
> It reads like this . You are going to give your opponent A23 joker, to
> draw to and you are going to hold a "pat 9 " low .
>
> Question ; Would you rather hold a "straight 9 " ,or a "9-4". Most newbs
> and rookies would instantly answer "9-4" , and they would be wrong
>

I'll take either. Ok?

And then we can go double or nuthin, I'll take the A23WK, (W=Joker), and you
rap with a 95abc.


>
> Here is another old one : in blackjack
>
> I will be the house and give you 18 every hand .
>
> Will you take it .. and oh by the way ..YOU CAN DEAL THE CARDS (just for
> honesty's sake)
>
> Think this one over before answering
>

If I can deal, fuck, I'll take 17 instead of 18. lol But I'll need to pat
you down for weapons first, though.

-PP