pokerfied.com
Promoting poker discussions.

Main
Date: 20 Feb 2009 19:31:32
From: RussGeorgiev@aol.com
Subject: Proposition for RGP minds---Russ G
Game, LOWBALL DRAW, 52 cards and a joker, one draw.

Proposition I'm laying anyone. SHOWDOWN--meaning no betting after the
draw

If I gave you a pat 9 or a drawing hand A23-joker-k, which would you
take?

Next, anyone want to bet on whether they get this right?




 
Date: 22 Feb 2009 00:47:39
From: RussGeorgiev@aol.com
Subject: Re: Proposition for RGP minds---Russ G
WHYKNOW!!!! The proposition reads, "If I gave you a pat 9". It didn't
state you pick your pat nine. Plus, even a Pat A2349 is not a favorite
to beat a drawing hand more times than it doesn't.




On Feb 21, 8:00=EF=BF=BDam, "Wayne Vinson" <a7a8...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> On Feb 20 2009 9:31 PM, RussGeorg...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Game, LOWBALL DRAW, 52 cards and a joker, one draw.
>
> > Proposition I'm laying anyone. SHOWDOWN--meaning no betting after the
> > draw
>
> > If I gave you a pat 9 or a drawing hand A23-joker-k, which would you
> > take?
>
> > Next, anyone want to bet on whether they get this right?
>
> Oh boy, Russ repeating a poker problem someone else showed him.
>
> The answer's pretty simple
> If the 9 is perfect, the 9 is a favorite because 9s are only tie outs for
> the draw.
> If the 9 has an A23 but is not perfect (say A2359) the draw is a favorite
> If the 9 does not have an A23 it is a favorite because it holds some of
> the draw's outs and there are more cards that pair the drawing hand.
>
> The real problem is that A-5 draw is a dead game. =EF=BF=BDTry thinking a=
bout a
> form of poker someone actually plays.
>
> Wayne Vinsonhttp://cardsharp.org/
> Wayne (dot) Vinson (at) gmail (dot) com
>
> ----=EF=BF=BD
> * kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more..www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 21 Feb 2009 10:05:06
From: RussGeorgiev@aol.com
Subject: Re: Proposition for RGP minds---Russ G
WHYKNOW, your answer is WRONG. Not gather your money and BET. A pat
A2349 is not a favorite over A23-JOKER-K.














On Feb 21, 8:00=EF=BF=BDam, "Wayne Vinson" <a7a8...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> On Feb 20 2009 9:31 PM, RussGeorg...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Game, LOWBALL DRAW, 52 cards and a joker, one draw.
>
> > Proposition I'm laying anyone. SHOWDOWN--meaning no betting after the
> > draw
>
> > If I gave you a pat 9 or a drawing hand A23-joker-k, which would you
> > take?
>
> > Next, anyone want to bet on whether they get this right?
>
> Oh boy, Russ repeating a poker problem someone else showed him.
>
> The answer's pretty simple
> If the 9 is perfect, the 9 is a favorite because 9s are only tie outs for
> the draw.
> If the 9 has an A23 but is not perfect (say A2359) the draw is a favorite
> If the 9 does not have an A23 it is a favorite because it holds some of
> the draw's outs and there are more cards that pair the drawing hand.
>
> The real problem is that A-5 draw is a dead game. =EF=BF=BDTry thinking a=
bout a
> form of poker someone actually plays.
>
> Wayne Vinsonhttp://cardsharp.org/
> Wayne (dot) Vinson (at) gmail (dot) com
>
> ----=EF=BF=BD
> * kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more..www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 21 Feb 2009 10:45:56
From: Wayne Vinson
Subject: Re: Proposition for RGP minds---Russ G
On Feb 21 2009 12:05 PM, RussGeorgiev@aol.com wrote:

> WHYKNOW, your answer is WRONG. Not gather your money and BET. A pat
> A2349 is not a favorite over A23-JOKER-K.

Russ, first off learn to post so they don't come out blank. It's not that
hard.

Second,

A2349 vs A23(Jok)K

There are 53 cards in the deck. 10 are in the hands. The other 43 are
available to draw. Of those 43,

3 (the 9s) are ties
19 (3x 4s, 4x 5s,6s,7s and 8s) are wins for the draw
the remaining 21 are wins for the pat hand

So I stand precisely by my statement - the pat hand is a favorite.

And no, I wouldn't bet you because I don't bet with cheats or brokes.

Wayne Vinson
http://cardsharp.org/
Wayne (dot) Vinson (at) gmail (dot) com

------ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 21 Feb 2009 08:00:31
From: Wayne Vinson
Subject: Re: Proposition for RGP minds---Russ G
On Feb 20 2009 9:31 PM, RussGeorgiev@aol.com wrote:

> Game, LOWBALL DRAW, 52 cards and a joker, one draw.
>
> Proposition I'm laying anyone. SHOWDOWN--meaning no betting after the
> draw
>
> If I gave you a pat 9 or a drawing hand A23-joker-k, which would you
> take?
>
> Next, anyone want to bet on whether they get this right?

Oh boy, Russ repeating a poker problem someone else showed him.

The answer's pretty simple
If the 9 is perfect, the 9 is a favorite because 9s are only tie outs for
the draw.
If the 9 has an A23 but is not perfect (say A2359) the draw is a favorite
If the 9 does not have an A23 it is a favorite because it holds some of
the draw's outs and there are more cards that pair the drawing hand.

The real problem is that A-5 draw is a dead game. Try thinking about a
form of poker someone actually plays.

Wayne Vinson
http://cardsharp.org/
Wayne (dot) Vinson (at) gmail (dot) com

---- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 22 Feb 2009 02:19:38
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: Proposition for RGP minds---Russ G
"Wayne Vinson" <a7a88fc@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:v1l576x6mf.ln2@recgroups.com...

>
> The real problem is that A-5 draw is a dead game. Try thinking about a
> form of poker someone actually plays.
>

This is the kind of statement that detracts from your otherwise good points.
You're a poker fanatic, then why diss ANY form of the game? Besides,
lowball's not "dead", as you say, but even if it was, so what? You can
still discuss it, and use it to demonstrate principles that are common to
other forms. What is your problem, Wayne? Why not battle Russ on a mature
level, instead of resorting to childishness like you have shown in this
post? It just detracts. Stop it!

-PP




 
Date: 21 Feb 2009 00:21:41
From: Arlo-Payne
Subject: Re: Proposition for RGP minds---Russ G
In the old LA days I saw a ton of people go broke with a 9 pat.


On Feb 20 2009 8:31 PM, RussGeorgiev@aol.com wrote:

> Game, LOWBALL DRAW, 52 cards and a joker, one draw.
>
> Proposition I'm laying anyone. SHOWDOWN--meaning no betting after the
> draw
>
> If I gave you a pat 9 or a drawing hand A23-joker-k, which would you
> take?
>
> Next, anyone want to bet on whether they get this right?

________________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 20 Feb 2009 21:22:35
From: FangBanger
Subject: Re: Proposition for RGP minds---Russ G
On Feb 20 2009 9:31 PM, RussGeorgiev@aol.com wrote:

> Game, LOWBALL DRAW, 52 cards and a joker, one draw.
>
> Proposition I'm laying anyone. SHOWDOWN--meaning no betting after the
> draw
>
> If I gave you a pat 9 or a drawing hand A23-joker-k, which would you
> take?
>
> Next, anyone want to bet on whether they get this right?

You can win either side of this depending on the distribution of the cards
in the 9 low


Jason,you,
sir, are much, much stupider than FangBanger.

------- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com