pokerfied.com
Promoting poker discussions.

Main
Date: 15 Feb 2009 17:20:00
From: mccard
Subject: PAD vs PS
Daniel N. said in his blog that PS won't let "their" players play on PAD any
more. You know, I really don't give a damn if you are wearing PS or FT
gear, can't you boneheads just understand we want to see good poker?
Idiots.





 
Date: 16 Feb 2009 08:35:45
From: garycarson
Subject: Re: PAD vs PS
On Feb 15 2009 6:20 PM, mccard wrote:

> Daniel N. said in his blog that PS won't let "their" players play on PAD any
> more. You know, I really don't give a damn if you are wearing PS or FT
> gear, can't you boneheads just understand we want to see good poker?
> Idiots.

PAD is special in that all other poker shows are intended to draw an
audience that will appeal to ad buyers. Not so with PAD, it's purpose is
simply to promote FT, not to attract ad sales. It's really more an
infomercial.

---- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 16 Feb 2009 09:57:56
From: Peter Secor
Subject: Re: PAD vs PS
"garycarson" <garycarson@alumni.northwestern.edu > wrote:

>On Feb 15 2009 6:20 PM, mccard wrote:
>
>> Daniel N. said in his blog that PS won't let "their" players play on PAD any
>> more. You know, I really don't give a damn if you are wearing PS or FT
>> gear, can't you boneheads just understand we want to see good poker?
>> Idiots.
>
>PAD is special in that all other poker shows are intended to draw an
>audience that will appeal to ad buyers. Not so with PAD, it's purpose is
>simply to promote FT, not to attract ad sales. It's really more an
>infomercial.

Last week's episode had 2 from FT, 1 from PS, 1 from DR, 1 from 2+2
and 1 unbranded. Certainly a mix. FT does seem to do more of the ads
though.

Best,

Peter
--
http://zbigniew.pyrzqxgl.com/bargegeek.html
A+++ G++ PKR+ PEG- B+ TB ADB++ M
www.barge.org
"There are no strangers at BARGE, just friends we haven't met yet"


   
Date: 16 Feb 2009 12:28:13
From: garycarson
Subject: Re: PAD vs PS
On Feb 16 2009 12:57 PM, Peter Secor wrote:

> "garycarson" <garycarson@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>
> >On Feb 15 2009 6:20 PM, mccard wrote:
> >
> >> Daniel N. said in his blog that PS won't let "their" players play on PAD
any
> >> more. You know, I really don't give a damn if you are wearing PS or FT
> >> gear, can't you boneheads just understand we want to see good poker?
> >> Idiots.
> >
> >PAD is special in that all other poker shows are intended to draw an
> >audience that will appeal to ad buyers. Not so with PAD, it's purpose is
> >simply to promote FT, not to attract ad sales. It's really more an
> >infomercial.
>
> Last week's episode had 2 from FT, 1 from PS, 1 from DR, 1 from 2+2
> and 1 unbranded. Certainly a mix. FT does seem to do more of the ads
> though.
>


Let me know when they have a show that features wiinners of the PS world
series of online poker.

------ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 16 Feb 2009 09:18:23
From: number6
Subject: Re: PAD vs PS
On Feb 16, 12:12=A0pm, phlash74 <phlas...@msn.com > wrote:
> On Feb 16, 8:35=A0am, "garycarson" <garycar...@alumni.northwestern.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 15 2009 6:20 PM, mccard wrote:
>
> > > Daniel N. said in his blog that PS won't let "their" players play on =
PAD any
> > > more. =A0You know, I really don't give a damn if you are wearing PS o=
r FT
> > > gear, can't you boneheads just understand we want to see good poker?
> > > Idiots.
>
> > PAD is special in that all other poker shows are intended to draw an
> > audience that will appeal to ad buyers. =A0Not so with PAD, it's purpos=
e is
> > simply to promote FT, not to attract ad sales. =A0It's really more an
> > infomercial.
>

> Good point. =A0They should dispense with the pretense and call it "Full
> Tilt Poker.net After Dark".
>



Featuring those Full Tilt Pros Phil Helmuth 16 times ... and Doyle
Brunson 10 times ...




  
Date: 16 Feb 2009 09:12:29
From: phlash74
Subject: Re: PAD vs PS
On Feb 16, 8:35=A0am, "garycarson" <garycar...@alumni.northwestern.edu >
wrote:
> On Feb 15 2009 6:20 PM, mccard wrote:
>
> > Daniel N. said in his blog that PS won't let "their" players play on PA=
D any
> > more. =A0You know, I really don't give a damn if you are wearing PS or =
FT
> > gear, can't you boneheads just understand we want to see good poker?
> > Idiots.
>
> PAD is special in that all other poker shows are intended to draw an
> audience that will appeal to ad buyers. =A0Not so with PAD, it's purpose =
is
> simply to promote FT, not to attract ad sales. =A0It's really more an
> infomercial.
>
> ----=A0
> * kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more..www.recgroups.com


Good point. They should dispense with the pretense and call it "Full
Tilt Poker.net After Dark".

As far as the entertainment factor goes, I had heard about Phil
Galfond's appearance on High Stakes Poker where he wasn't getting much
in the way of cards and so played tight and didn't really exhibit much
of a personality, and I saw the rerun last night. Kapler and Benza
were basically mocking him at every opportunity for playing tight,
obviously the producers want guys like Eli and Sammy and Jamie Gold
who will play every hand, straddle, and throw their money away. The
people who want to see "good poker" being played make up a small
percentage of the viewing audience in my opinion, most people would
rather see crazy action and all-ins, which is why that's all you see
on ESPN.

Michael
U.S. American


 
Date: 16 Feb 2009 09:15:30
From: Irish Mike
Subject: Re: PAD vs PS

"mccard" <no_won@no_won.none > wrote in message
news:Mp1ml.8975$nu6.5989@newsfe21.iad...
> Daniel N. said in his blog that PS won't let "their" players play on PAD
> any more. You know, I really don't give a damn if you are wearing PS or
> FT gear, can't you boneheads just understand we want to see good poker?
> Idiots.

I hope this isn't true because it would take a lot of entertaining players
out of the "High Stakes Poker" show. Seems like the people running these
televised poker shows are very short sighted. It's like the WPT making
players black out any logos for products or services. They should knock off
this petty bull shit, take a step back and look at the big picture. The
bigger poker gets and the better it does, the bigger the viewing audience
for TV poker shows.

Irish Mike




 
Date: 16 Feb 2009 05:46:48
From: Jerry Sturdivant
Subject: Re: PAD vs PS

"mccard"

> You know, I really don't give a damn if you are wearing
> PS or FT gear, can't you boneheads just understand we
> want to see good poker? Idiots.

Good point. I don't believe you see good poker in TV tournaments. The game
changes as the number of players diminish; blinds increase and sponsors want
their payers to 'show something worth viewing,' and that gives us those
'camera moments.' It's how Mike Matusow makes his living; shooting his mouth
off. How often have you heard a player on Poker After Dark exclaim, "That
will make the cut."

Even in High Stakes Poker you find people like Phil Ivy that really don't
like the card cameras showing how they play. And hours of boring play
metaphorically end up on the 'cutting room floor.'

Phil Hellmuth dresses like a NASCAR driver pushing his sponsors. (If only we
could get our congressmen to dress themselves with their sponsors labels).




Jerry 'n Vegas




 
Date: 15 Feb 2009 18:20:45
From: Robert Ladd
Subject: Re: PAD vs PS

"mccard" <no_won@no_won.none > wrote in message
news:Mp1ml.8975$nu6.5989@newsfe21.iad...
> Daniel N. said in his blog that PS won't let "their" players play on PAD
> any more. You know, I really don't give a damn if you are wearing PS or
> FT gear, can't you boneheads just understand we want to see good poker?
> Idiots.

The idiots are those that think watching bozos on TV playing poker is good
poker. Put on a good Keno tournament instead, or a scratchers lottery card
game. What a waste of time.

Robert Ladd




  
Date: 15 Feb 2009 20:22:53
From: A Man Beaten by Jacks
Subject: Re: PAD vs PS
On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:20:45 -0700, "Robert Ladd" <rladd5@cox.net >
wrote:

>
>"mccard" <no_won@no_won.none> wrote in message
>news:Mp1ml.8975$nu6.5989@newsfe21.iad...
>> Daniel N. said in his blog that PS won't let "their" players play on PAD
>> any more. You know, I really don't give a damn if you are wearing PS or
>> FT gear, can't you boneheads just understand we want to see good poker?
>> Idiots.
>
>The idiots are those that think watching bozos on TV playing poker is good
>poker. Put on a good Keno tournament instead, or a scratchers lottery card
>game. What a waste of time.

You personally are the idiots. They put whatever on TV makes money,
or that they think will make money.


   
Date: 16 Feb 2009 00:09:46
From: Robert Ladd
Subject: Re: PAD vs PS

"A Man Beaten by Jacks" <nobody@fool.foo > wrote in message
news:nufhp452erq38mskomc2s3b2dr9ahgpulg@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:20:45 -0700, "Robert Ladd" <rladd5@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>>
>>"mccard" <no_won@no_won.none> wrote in message
>>news:Mp1ml.8975$nu6.5989@newsfe21.iad...
>>> Daniel N. said in his blog that PS won't let "their" players play on PAD
>>> any more. You know, I really don't give a damn if you are wearing PS or
>>> FT gear, can't you boneheads just understand we want to see good poker?
>>> Idiots.
>>
>>The idiots are those that think watching bozos on TV playing poker is good
>>poker. Put on a good Keno tournament instead, or a scratchers lottery
>>card
>>game. What a waste of time.
>
> You personally are the idiots. They put whatever on TV makes money,
> or that they think will make money.

Work on your reading comprehension and get back to me.

Robert Ladd