pokerfied.com
Promoting poker discussions.

Main
Date: 11 Feb 2009 18:01:37
From: WaltWhitman
Subject: O.T. An amazing old movie
This is my first off topic post, but I had such an enjoyable time watching
an old movie this afternoon, That I wanted to share it. The Movie was "THE
FOUNTAINHEAD" from a book by Ann Rynd, Starring Gary Cooper, Patricia
Neal, and Raymond Massey.Patricia Neal sure was beautiful, and Ann Rynd
sure coud write. It is an extremly idealistic movie, very well done. I
have seen it before, but not in about 20 years, and I had forgotten how
good it was. Probably most of you have seen it, but if you have not, I
guarantee you a memorable experience watching it, and if you have seen
it(long ago) I highly reccomend that you watch it again. This is a movie
that is high up on my top ten list.

Walt


I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself
I am Large
I contain multitudes

____________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com





 
Date: 12 Feb 2009 13:20:28
From: La Cosa Nostradamus
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
I worked at a place called Fountainhead, we had 2 fires that caused 200+
families to vacate.
On Feb 11 2009 9:01 PM, WaltWhitman wrote:

> This is my first off topic post, but I had such an enjoyable time watching
> an old movie this afternoon, That I wanted to share it. The Movie was "THE
> FOUNTAINHEAD" from a book by Ann Rynd, Starring Gary Cooper, Patricia
> Neal, and Raymond Massey.Patricia Neal sure was beautiful, and Ann Rynd
> sure coud write. It is an extremly idealistic movie, very well done. I
> have seen it before, but not in about 20 years, and I had forgotten how
> good it was. Probably most of you have seen it, but if you have not, I
> guarantee you a memorable experience watching it, and if you have seen
> it(long ago) I highly reccomend that you watch it again. This is a movie
> that is high up on my top ten list.
>
> Walt
>
>
> I contradict myself?
> Very well then I contradict myself
> I am Large
> I contain multitudes


Thanks for the memories, you lit up my life for a few precious moments
http://kuroiso.org/

_____________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 12 Feb 2009 08:00:01
From: Susan
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
Back in the day, reading Ayn Rand was the thing to do. Who is John Galt?

Also Catch 22 and the French Lieutenants Woman (which had a disclaimer by
the author that there were no pagination errors in the book)

Much easier to stick with Janet and Stuart.




  
Date: 12 Feb 2009 09:11:47
From: eldo77
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
On Feb 12 2009 9:00 AM, Susan wrote:

> Back in the day, reading Ayn Rand was the thing to do. Who is John Galt?
>
> Also Catch 22 and the French Lieutenants Woman (which had a disclaimer by
> the author that there were no pagination errors in the book)
>
> Much easier to stick with Janet and Stuart.

Whoever they are.

eldo

--- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



   
Date: 12 Feb 2009 11:16:19
From: Susan
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie

"eldo77" <ab26ec1@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:jr1e66xn76.ln2@recgroups.com...
> On Feb 12 2009 9:00 AM, Susan wrote:
>
>> Back in the day, reading Ayn Rand was the thing to do. Who is John Galt?
>>
>> Also Catch 22 and the French Lieutenants Woman (which had a disclaimer by
>> the author that there were no pagination errors in the book)
>>
>> Much easier to stick with Janet and Stuart.
>
> Whoever they are.
>
> eldo
>

evanovich and woods

easy reading




 
Date: 11 Feb 2009 22:39:50
From: Howard Beale
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
Architect takes job to design building on the condition it is built
exactly according to his plan but changes are made. Architect blows up
the building and gives this speech to the jury as his entire defense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAz8rw8kqY

I laughed my way thru it. Of course the jury acquits him. And there are
hordes of people who worship the bird-brain who wrote this stuff.



Howard Beale

______________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 22:51:48
From: Clave
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
"Howard Beale" <a1695@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:mqsc66xm51.ln2@recgroups.com...
> Architect takes job to design building on the condition it is built
> exactly according to his plan but changes are made. Architect blows up
> the building and gives this speech to the jury as his entire defense:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAz8rw8kqY
>
> I laughed my way thru it. Of course the jury acquits him. And there are
> hordes of people who worship the bird-brain who wrote this stuff.

Ayn Rand can eat *all* the dicks.

Jim




 
Date: 11 Feb 2009 21:18:30
From: risky biz
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
On Feb 11 2009 7:01 PM, WaltWhitman wrote:

> This is my first off topic post, but I had such an enjoyable time watching
> an old movie this afternoon, That I wanted to share it. The Movie was "THE
> FOUNTAINHEAD" from a book by Ann Rynd, Starring Gary Cooper, Patricia
> Neal, and Raymond Massey.Patricia Neal sure was beautiful, and Ann Rynd
> sure coud write. It is an extremly idealistic movie, very well done. I
> have seen it before, but not in about 20 years, and I had forgotten how
> good it was. Probably most of you have seen it, but if you have not, I
> guarantee you a memorable experience watching it, and if you have seen
> it(long ago) I highly reccomend that you watch it again. This is a movie
> that is high up on my top ten list.

The name is Ayn Rand, not Ann Rynd, and she was one of the worst writers
who ever breathed. Right up there with Zora Neal Hurston.

---- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




  
Date: 12 Feb 2009 09:22:16
From: Will in New Haven
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
On Feb 12, 10:30=A0am, "da pickle" <jcpickels@(nospam)hotmail.com >
wrote:
> "Will in New Haven"
>
> > The name is Ayn Rand, not Ann Rynd, and she was one of the worst writer=
s
> > who ever breathed. Right up there with Zora Neal Hurston.
>
> What gets me is that it is pronounced the same as "Ann," so why the
> exotic spelling?
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>
> It is not pronounced the same as "Ann."
>
> I enjoyed her books when I was young. =A0I have never felt to need to rer=
ead
> them.
>
> How do you pronounce "Ayn"?
> "Ayn" rhymes with "mine."
>
> Excerpted from a letter to a fan, 1937:
> "Your letter inquiring about the origin of my name has been forwarded to =
me.
> In answer to your question, I must say that 'Ayn' is both a real name and=
an
> invention. The original of it is a Finnish feminine name. . . . Its
> pronunciation, spelled phonetically, would be: 'I-na.' I do not know what
> its correct spelling should be in English, but I chose to make it 'Ayn,'
> eliminating the final 'a.' I pronounce it as the letter 'I' with an 'n'
> added to it." Letters of Ayn Rand, page 40

People I knew who knew her pronounced it "ann." It was originally
taken from the name of a Finnish author and the original
pronounciation may have rhymed with "mine" but that apparently wasn't
how it was pronounce in the Seventies. On the other hand, that _does_
explain the spelling.

--
Will in New Haven



   
Date: 12 Feb 2009 12:18:59
From: da pickle
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
"Will in New Haven"

People I knew who knew her pronounced it "ann." It was originally
taken from the name of a Finnish author and the original
pronounciation may have rhymed with "mine" but that apparently wasn't
how it was pronounce in the Seventies. On the other hand, that _does_
explain the spelling.
====================

I did not know her, but I am pretty darned sure the way she said it was
pronounced is the way she said it was pronounced ... rhymes with "mine."

The Ayn Rand Institute:
http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pagename=faq_index

My quote above is from the institute:

How do you pronounce "Ayn"?
"Ayn" rhymes with "mine."

Excerpted from a letter to a fan, 1937:
"Your letter inquiring about the origin of my name has been forwarded to me.
In answer to your question, I must say that 'Ayn' is both a real name and an
invention. The original of it is a Finnish feminine name. . . . Its
pronunciation, spelled phonetically, would be: 'I-na.' I do not know what
its correct spelling should be in English, but I chose to make it 'Ayn,'
eliminating the final 'a.' I pronounce it as the letter 'I' with an 'n'
added to it." Letters of Ayn Rand, page 40


From the Any Rand Biographical FAQ:
http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/bio/biofaq.html

2.4 How is 'Ayn' pronounced?
It is a single syllable that rhymes with 'mine' and 'fine'. Some people
pronounce it like 'Ann' or so that it rhymes with 'pain' and 'gain.' These
alternate pronunciations are mistaken.[*]


There are hundreds of sites that seem in agreement that the pronunciation is
like she indicated above.





  
Date: 12 Feb 2009 07:16:55
From: Will in New Haven
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
On Feb 12, 12:18=A0am, "risky biz" <risky-...@sbcglobal.net > wrote:
> On Feb 11 2009 7:01 PM, WaltWhitman wrote:
>
> > This is my first off topic post, but I had such an enjoyable time watch=
ing
> > an old movie this afternoon, That I wanted to share it. The Movie was "=
THE
> > FOUNTAINHEAD" from a book by Ann Rynd, Starring Gary Cooper, Patricia
> > Neal, and Raymond Massey.Patricia Neal sure was beautiful, and Ann Rynd
> > sure coud write. It is an extremly idealistic movie, very well done. I
> > have seen it before, but not in about 20 years, and I had forgotten how
> > good it was. Probably most of you have seen it, but if you have not, I
> > guarantee you a memorable experience watching it, and if you have seen
> > it(long ago) I highly reccomend that you watch it again. This is a movi=
e
> > that is high up on my top ten list.
>
> The name is Ayn Rand, not Ann Rynd, and she was one of the worst writers
> who ever breathed. Right up there with Zora Neal Hurston.

What gets me is that it is pronounced the same as "Ann," so why the
exotic spelling? It was a pen name, anyway, so she wasn't stuck with
the spelling. It makes me think of "aikido," which is pronounced "uh-
kee-do" and was transliterated into English that way for no reason at
all. "Akido" or "Ukido" would either one be better. I don't think her
writing is as bad as you think it is but I don't re-read her books and
I re-read quite a lot.

--
Will in New Haven



   
Date: 12 Feb 2009 09:30:59
From: da pickle
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
"Will in New Haven"

> The name is Ayn Rand, not Ann Rynd, and she was one of the worst writers
> who ever breathed. Right up there with Zora Neal Hurston.

What gets me is that it is pronounced the same as "Ann," so why the
exotic spelling?
=======================

It is not pronounced the same as "Ann."

I enjoyed her books when I was young. I have never felt to need to reread
them.


How do you pronounce "Ayn"?
"Ayn" rhymes with "mine."

Excerpted from a letter to a fan, 1937:
"Your letter inquiring about the origin of my name has been forwarded to me.
In answer to your question, I must say that 'Ayn' is both a real name and an
invention. The original of it is a Finnish feminine name. . . . Its
pronunciation, spelled phonetically, would be: 'I-na.' I do not know what
its correct spelling should be in English, but I chose to make it 'Ayn,'
eliminating the final 'a.' I pronounce it as the letter 'I' with an 'n'
added to it." Letters of Ayn Rand, page 40


An audio of the proper pronunciation:
http://inogolo.com/pronunciation/d98/Ayn_Rand




  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 22:18:41
From: Robert Ladd
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie

"risky biz" <risky-biz@sbcglobal.net > wrote in message
news:62oc66xrc.ln2@recgroups.com...
> On Feb 11 2009 7:01 PM, WaltWhitman wrote:
>
>> This is my first off topic post, but I had such an enjoyable time
>> watching
>> an old movie this afternoon, That I wanted to share it. The Movie was
>> "THE
>> FOUNTAINHEAD" from a book by Ann Rynd, Starring Gary Cooper, Patricia
>> Neal, and Raymond Massey.Patricia Neal sure was beautiful, and Ann Rynd
>> sure coud write. It is an extremly idealistic movie, very well done. I
>> have seen it before, but not in about 20 years, and I had forgotten how
>> good it was. Probably most of you have seen it, but if you have not, I
>> guarantee you a memorable experience watching it, and if you have seen
>> it(long ago) I highly reccomend that you watch it again. This is a movie
>> that is high up on my top ten list.
>
> The name is Ayn Rand, not Ann Rynd, and she was one of the worst writers
> who ever breathed. Right up there with Zora Neal Hurston.
>

Do you think she's bad because of her writing skills or her political view
point?

Robert Ladd




 
Date: 11 Feb 2009 18:56:33
From: OTB
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
On Feb 11, 8:01=A0pm, "WaltWhitman" <a26c...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> This is my first off topic post, but I had such an enjoyable time watchin=
g
> an old movie this afternoon, That I wanted to share it. The Movie was "TH=
E
> FOUNTAINHEAD" from a book by Ann Rynd, Starring Gary Cooper, Patricia
> Neal, and Raymond Massey.Patricia Neal sure was beautiful, and Ann Rynd
> sure coud write. It is an extremly idealistic movie, very well done. I
> have seen it before, but not in about 20 years, and I had forgotten how
> good it was. Probably most of you have seen it, but if you have not, I
> guarantee you a memorable experience watching it, and if you have seen
> it(long ago) I highly reccomend that you watch it again. This is a movie
> that is high up on my top ten list.

I've seen it a couple times. Not real fond of it. Gary Cooper's
best movie was "High Noon".


  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 19:27:11
From: OTB
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
On Feb 11, 8:56=A0pm, OTB <bighorn_b...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 11, 8:01=A0pm, "WaltWhitman" <a26c...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
>
> > This is my first off topic post, but I had such an enjoyable time watch=
ing
> > an old movie this afternoon, That I wanted to share it. The Movie was "=
THE
> > FOUNTAINHEAD" from a book by Ann Rynd, Starring Gary Cooper, Patricia
> > Neal, and Raymond Massey.Patricia Neal sure was beautiful, and Ann Rynd
> > sure coud write. It is an extremly idealistic movie, very well done. I
> > have seen it before, but not in about 20 years, and I had forgotten how
> > good it was. Probably most of you have seen it, but if you have not, I
> > guarantee you a memorable experience watching it, and if you have seen
> > it(long ago) I highly reccomend that you watch it again. This is a movi=
e
> > that is high up on my top ten list.
>
> I've seen it a couple times. =A0Not real fond of it. =A0Gary Cooper's
> best movie was "High Noon".

Speaking of great old movies that are not so well known, check out
"A Touch of Evil". Orson Wells, Charlton Heston, Janet Lee,
Dennis Weaver, Marlene Dietrich, Zsa Zsa Gabor, and others.

Extremely innovative movie for the time.


   
Date: 12 Feb 2009 00:00:19
From: Irish Mike
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie

"OTB" <bighorn_bill@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:cafd0637-78cf-43c5-b1ba-7a8806410676@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com...
On Feb 11, 8:56 pm, OTB <bighorn_b...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 11, 8:01 pm, "WaltWhitman" <a26c...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
>
> > This is my first off topic post, but I had such an enjoyable time
> > watching
> > an old movie this afternoon, That I wanted to share it. The Movie was
> > "THE
> > FOUNTAINHEAD" from a book by Ann Rynd, Starring Gary Cooper, Patricia
> > Neal, and Raymond Massey.Patricia Neal sure was beautiful, and Ann Rynd
> > sure coud write. It is an extremly idealistic movie, very well done. I
> > have seen it before, but not in about 20 years, and I had forgotten how
> > good it was. Probably most of you have seen it, but if you have not, I
> > guarantee you a memorable experience watching it, and if you have seen
> > it(long ago) I highly reccomend that you watch it again. This is a movie
> > that is high up on my top ten list.
>
> I've seen it a couple times. Not real fond of it. Gary Cooper's
> best movie was "High Noon".

Speaking of great old movies that are not so well known, check out
"A Touch of Evil". Orson Wells, Charlton Heston, Janet Lee,
Dennis Weaver, Marlene Dietrich, Zsa Zsa Gabor, and others.

Extremely innovative movie for the time.

Added it to my queue.

Thanks,

Irish Mike




    
Date: 11 Feb 2009 21:51:11
From: IHeartWuzzy
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
On Feb 12 2009 12:00 AM, Irish Mike wrote:

> Extremely innovative movie for the time.
>
> Added it to my queue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Irish Mike

Is this one in your permanent queue, Mike, or do you already own it on
Blu-Ray?

http://tinyurl.com/y93wrg

--- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



     
Date: 12 Feb 2009 01:03:27
From: Irish Mike
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie

"IHeartWuzzy" <a55120d@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:fvpc66xjm.ln2@recgroups.com...
> On Feb 12 2009 12:00 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
>
>> Extremely innovative movie for the time.
>>
>> Added it to my queue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Irish Mike
>
> Is this one in your permanent queue, Mike, or do you already own it on
> Blu-Ray?

Never saw it bucko, that's why I added it to my queue. BTW, any chance I
could borrow your collection of Michael Moore films?

Irish Mike





      
Date: 12 Feb 2009 05:22:27
From: IHeartWuzzy
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
On Feb 12 2009 1:03 AM, Irish Mike wrote:

> "IHeartWuzzy" <a55120d@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> news:fvpc66xjm.ln2@recgroups.com...
> > On Feb 12 2009 12:00 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
> >
> >> Extremely innovative movie for the time.
> >>
> >> Added it to my queue.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Irish Mike
> >
> > Is this one in your permanent queue, Mike, or do you already own it on
> > Blu-Ray?
>
> Never saw it bucko, that's why I added it to my queue.

Ah, yes... your Guinness I.V. drip workin' its usual magic, I see. (Can't
you even follow a simple post?...ffs.)

I wasn't talking about _"A Touch of Evil"_, you dunderhead you.

My question was about one of your all-time favs (no doubt):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Birth-of-a-nation-poster-color.jpg

(I won't use the tinyurl this time, so as not to further confuse you)

So, AGAIN... permanent queue or Blu-Ray?

> BTW, any chance I could borrow your collection of Michael Moore films?

I'm sure you'd love to get your hands on some MM films, as frothing at the
mouth while simultaneously masturbating seems to be a hobby of yours (we
read your posts).

But alas, I can't help ya, bucko. See, I view MM as basically the flip
side of *your* wing-nuttery (although he's clearly smarter).

Hyperbolic gasbag-ideologues like you and he are useless for actually
constructively solving a problem; you and he just like to jerk yourselfs
off while calling Bush a "Nazi" or Obama "Messiah" and other such similar
bullshit...

------- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



       
Date: 12 Feb 2009 11:25:13
From: Irish Mike
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie

"IHeartWuzzy" <a55120d@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:jdkd66xc34.ln2@recgroups.com...
> On Feb 12 2009 1:03 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
>
>> "IHeartWuzzy" <a55120d@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:fvpc66xjm.ln2@recgroups.com...
>> > On Feb 12 2009 12:00 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
>> >
>> >> Extremely innovative movie for the time.
>> >>
>> >> Added it to my queue.
>> >>
>> >> Thanks,
>> >>
>> >> Irish Mike
>> >
>> > Is this one in your permanent queue, Mike, or do you already own it on
>> > Blu-Ray?
>>
>> Never saw it bucko, that's why I added it to my queue.
>
> Ah, yes... your Guinness I.V. drip workin' its usual magic, I see. (Can't
> you even follow a simple post?...ffs.)
>
> I wasn't talking about _"A Touch of Evil"_, you dunderhead you.
>
> My question was about one of your all-time favs (no doubt):
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Birth-of-a-nation-poster-color.jpg
>
> (I won't use the tinyurl this time, so as not to further confuse you)
>
> So, AGAIN... permanent queue or Blu-Ray?
>
>> BTW, any chance I could borrow your collection of Michael Moore films?
>
> I'm sure you'd love to get your hands on some MM films, as frothing at the
> mouth while simultaneously masturbating seems to be a hobby of yours (we
> read your posts).
>
> But alas, I can't help ya, bucko. See, I view MM as basically the flip
> side of *your* wing-nuttery (although he's clearly smarter).
>
> Hyperbolic gasbag-ideologues like you and he are useless for actually
> constructively solving a problem; you and he just like to jerk yourselfs
> off while calling Bush a "Nazi" or Obama "Messiah" and other such similar
> bullshit...

You fucking hypocrite. You initiate the thread with this racist piece of
shit and then lecture me and others about being "wing nuts". Your lack of
perception is exceeded only by your intellectual dishonesty. Now fuck off
and log back on to the dailykos with the rest of your hate-mongering pals
from the lunatic liberal left.

Irish Mike




        
Date: 12 Feb 2009 11:25:46
From: IHeartWuzzy
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
On Feb 12 2009 11:25 AM, Irish Mike wrote:

> "IHeartWuzzy" <a55120d@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> news:jdkd66xc34.ln2@recgroups.com...
> > On Feb 12 2009 1:03 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
> >
> >> "IHeartWuzzy" <a55120d@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> >> news:fvpc66xjm.ln2@recgroups.com...
> >> > On Feb 12 2009 12:00 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Extremely innovative movie for the time.
> >> >>
> >> >> Added it to my queue.
> >> >>
> >> >> Thanks,
> >> >>
> >> >> Irish Mike
> >> >
> >> > Is this one in your permanent queue, Mike, or do you already own it on
> >> > Blu-Ray?
> >>
> >> Never saw it bucko, that's why I added it to my queue.
> >
> > Ah, yes... your Guinness I.V. drip workin' its usual magic, I see. (Can't
> > you even follow a simple post?...ffs.)
> >
> > I wasn't talking about _"A Touch of Evil"_, you dunderhead you.
> >
> > My question was about one of your all-time favs (no doubt):
> >
> >
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Birth-of-a-nation-poster-color.jpg
> >
> > (I won't use the tinyurl this time, so as not to further confuse you)
> >
> > So, AGAIN... permanent queue or Blu-Ray?
> >
> >> BTW, any chance I could borrow your collection of Michael Moore films?
> >
> > I'm sure you'd love to get your hands on some MM films, as frothing at the
> > mouth while simultaneously masturbating seems to be a hobby of yours (we
> > read your posts).
> >
> > But alas, I can't help ya, bucko. See, I view MM as basically the flip
> > side of *your* wing-nuttery (although he's clearly smarter).
> >
> > Hyperbolic gasbag-ideologues like you and he are useless for actually
> > constructively solving a problem; you and he just like to jerk yourselfs
> > off while calling Bush a "Nazi" or Obama "Messiah" and other such similar
> > bullshit...
>
> You fucking hypocrite. You initiate the thread with this racist piece of
> shit and then lecture me and others about being "wing nuts".

Pointing out that you're a racist (your own posting history/words damn
you...many know this about you) is not racist, you dumbfuck.

Just how fuckin' stupid are you?

>Your lack of perception is exceeded only by your intellectual dishonesty.

Uh huh... tell us more about Obama and Ebonics, Mikey. <snicker >

>Now fuck off and log back on to the dailykos with the rest of your
hate-mongering pals
> from the lunatic liberal left.

Never been to dailykos, personally... but I'm guessing you go there daily
for a good ol "froth and jerk" session, right?

Now if you'll excuse me, Mike, I'm helping the search committee find a
full-time "Irish Mike Lie Counter"... it won't be easy, cuz the person
knows they'll be busy 24/7.

_______________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 11 Feb 2009 21:23:36
From: Irish Mike
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie

"WaltWhitman" <a26c32e@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:1hcc66xjkt.ln2@recgroups.com...
> This is my first off topic post, but I had such an enjoyable time watching
> an old movie this afternoon, That I wanted to share it. The Movie was "THE
> FOUNTAINHEAD" from a book by Ann Rynd, Starring Gary Cooper, Patricia
> Neal, and Raymond Massey.Patricia Neal sure was beautiful, and Ann Rynd
> sure coud write. It is an extremly idealistic movie, very well done. I
> have seen it before, but not in about 20 years, and I had forgotten how
> good it was. Probably most of you have seen it, but if you have not, I
> guarantee you a memorable experience watching it, and if you have seen
> it(long ago) I highly reccomend that you watch it again. This is a movie
> that is high up on my top ten list.
>
> Walt
>
Never saw it bucko, but just added it to my queue.

Thanks,

Irish Mike




 
Date: 11 Feb 2009 21:00:37
From: A Man Beaten by Jacks
Subject: Re: O.T. An amazing old movie
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:01:37 -0800, "WaltWhitman"
<a26c32e@webnntp.invalid > wrote:

>This is my first off topic post, but I had such an enjoyable time watching
>an old movie this afternoon, That I wanted to share it. The Movie was "THE
>FOUNTAINHEAD" from a book by Ann Rynd, Starring Gary Cooper, Patricia
>Neal, and Raymond Massey.Patricia Neal sure was beautiful, and Ann Rynd
>sure coud write. It is an extremly idealistic movie, very well done. I
>have seen it before, but not in about 20 years, and I had forgotten how
>good it was. Probably most of you have seen it, but if you have not, I
>guarantee you a memorable experience watching it, and if you have seen
>it(long ago) I highly reccomend that you watch it again. This is a movie
>that is high up on my top ten list.

It's a Nazi piece of shit!