pokerfied.com
Promoting poker discussions.

Main
Date: 30 Jan 2009 15:44:27
From: Irish Mike
Subject: January 30th - Anniversary
Anniversaries are funny things. Some are national holidays recognized by
every one. Some are completely meaningless to the vast majority. Some have
great meaning but only to a very few.

January 30, 1968 - Beginning of the Tet Offensive.

January 30, 1972 - Bloody Sunday.

Irish Mike








 
Date: 30 Jan 2009 13:00:50
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary
> January 30, 1972 - Bloody Sunday.
>
> Irish Mike

Well, everyone knows this one thanks to U2.

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
Boooooooong iiiiing!
John

------ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 30 Jan 2009 22:00:25
From: OTB
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary
On Jan 30, 3:00=A0pm, "John_Brian_K" <a7ec...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> > January 30, 1972 - Bloody Sunday.
>
> > Irish Mike
>
> Well, everyone knows this one thanks to U2.
>

In 1971, a year before the Derry incident, there was a movie
called Sunday, Bloody Sunday. I remember going to it expecting
some kind of action packed scene with blood and guts, and
it was totally disappointing, and a little weird. Does anyone
know where the title from that 1971 movie came from?


   
Date: 31 Jan 2009 08:25:46
From: Code Artisan
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary
In article <59271b06-b532-484c-9230-a79cf7e001d0
@t39g2000prh.googlegroups.com >, bighorn_bill@hotmail.com says...
> On Jan 30, 3:00=A0pm, "John_Brian_K" <a7ec...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > > January 30, 1972 - Bloody Sunday.
> >
> > > Irish Mike
> >
> > Well, everyone knows this one thanks to U2.
> >

I'm surprised Mike forgot to post an anniversary reminder back on=20
November 8. Remember that date Mike? The Rememberance Day Bombing in=20
Enniskillen?=20

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day_bombing



    
Date: 31 Jan 2009 09:42:05
From: Irish Mike
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary

"Code Artisan" <code_artisan@fastmail.fm > wrote in message
news:MPG.23ee1b616eea5c25989704@news.prodigy.net...
In article <59271b06-b532-484c-9230-a79cf7e001d0
@t39g2000prh.googlegroups.com >, bighorn_bill@hotmail.com says...
> On Jan 30, 3:00 pm, "John_Brian_K" <a7ec...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > > January 30, 1972 - Bloody Sunday.
> >
> > > Irish Mike
> >
> > Well, everyone knows this one thanks to U2.
> >

I'm surprised Mike forgot to post an anniversary reminder back on
November 8. Remember that date Mike? The Rememberance Day Bombing in
Enniskillen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day_bombing

I know it full well and it's always a tragedy when civilians. are killed.
Bombs are indiscriminate killers which is not the case when soldiers with
rifles intentionally open fire on unarmed civilians.

Irish Mike




   
Date: 31 Jan 2009 00:35:12
From: lvdlrs
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary
On Jan 31 2009 1:00 AM, OTB wrote:

> Does anyone know where the title from that 1971 movie came from?

Probably from the author. Heh. Not the answer you're looking for? This
might not be either but there is the line in the movie from the Daniel
character: "I always expect Saturday to be the best day of the week."
Just a guess but what might follow is "Then there's Sunday bloody Sunday."

Gary (...) Philips

--- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




   
Date: 31 Jan 2009 02:33:14
From: Irish Mike
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary

"OTB" <bighorn_bill@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:59271b06-b532-484c-9230-a79cf7e001d0@t39g2000prh.googlegroups.com...
On Jan 30, 3:00 pm, "John_Brian_K" <a7ec...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> > January 30, 1972 - Bloody Sunday.
>
> > Irish Mike
>
> Well, everyone knows this one thanks to U2.
>

In 1971, a year before the Derry incident, there was a movie
called Sunday, Bloody Sunday. I remember going to it expecting
some kind of action packed scene with blood and guts, and
it was totally disappointing, and a little weird. Does anyone
know where the title from that 1971 movie came from?

Didn't see the 1971 film, "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" and have no idea how it
got the title. According to the review it's a British film about a
bi-sexual man and his lovers. It had nothing to do with the 2002 Paul
Greengrass film "Bloody Sunday" which focuses on the murder of 13 unarmed
Catholic civil rights marchers in Northern Ireland by Brit soldiers. None
of the soldiers were ever charged with the murders and at least one of the
bastards got a medal for it.
Pretty much business as usual for the Brits in Northern Ireland.

Irish Mike




  
Date: 30 Jan 2009 18:17:25
From: brewmaster
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary
On Jan 30 2009 1:00 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> > January 30, 1972 - Bloody Sunday.
> >
> > Irish Mike
>
> Well, everyone knows this one thanks to U2.

<aside >worst rock band of all time</aside>

>
> ========================================
> You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
> nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
> ========
> Boooooooong iiiiing!
> John


Brew
--
Email me here: http://tinymail.me/k4r2nk

----- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



   
Date: 01 Feb 2009 11:08:45
From: La Cosa Nostradamus
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary
Deathmatch between the Police and U2 groupies ensues
On Jan 30 2009 9:17 PM, brewmaster wrote:

> On Jan 30 2009 1:00 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:
>
> > > January 30, 1972 - Bloody Sunday.
> > >
> > > Irish Mike
> >
> > Well, everyone knows this one thanks to U2.
>
> <aside>worst rock band of all time</aside>
>
> >
> > ========================================
> > You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
> > nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
> > ========
> > Boooooooong iiiiing!
> > John
>
>
> Brew
> --
> Email me here: http://tinymail.me/k4r2nk


Atheism is drawing dead

---- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




   
Date: 30 Jan 2009 21:29:18
From: gtech1
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary
Silly comment
On Jan 30 2009 9:17 PM, brewmaster wrote:

> On Jan 30 2009 1:00 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:
>
> > > January 30, 1972 - Bloody Sunday.
> > >
> > > Irish Mike
> >
> > Well, everyone knows this one thanks to U2.
>
> <aside>worst rock band of all time</aside>
>
> >
> > ========================================
> > You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
> > nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
> > ========
> > Boooooooong iiiiing!
> > John
>
>
> Brew
> --
> Email me here: http://tinymail.me/k4r2nk

______________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



   
Date: 30 Jan 2009 18:40:42
From: Raider Fan
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary
On Jan 30 2009 8:17 PM, brewmaster wrote:

> >
> > Well, everyone knows this one thanks to U2.
>
> <aside>worst rock band of all time</aside>

That's just silly. Even if you don't like U2, you can't possibly mean
they're the worst of all time.


" No offense to RGP, but there are not alot of intelligent people on
here." -- JBK, 1/30/2009 10:16a

_____________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



    
Date: 30 Jan 2009 18:44:30
From: Clave
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary
"Raider Fan" <raidersgotscrewed1@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:aaqc56x9ab.ln2@recgroups.com...
> On Jan 30 2009 8:17 PM, brewmaster wrote:
>
>> >
>> > Well, everyone knows this one thanks to U2.
>>
>> <aside>worst rock band of all time</aside>
>
> That's just silly. Even if you don't like U2, you can't possibly mean
> they're the worst of all time.

I've *never* understood their appeal, but I can certainly appreciate their
musicianship and production standards.

Jim




     
Date: 30 Jan 2009 20:17:18
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary
> I've *never* understood their appeal, but I can certainly appreciate their
> musicianship and production standards.
>
> Jim

My favorite band ever. Noone has put out the quality over the years like
they have.

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
Boooooooong iiiiing!
John

------ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




      
Date: 30 Jan 2009 20:16:27
From: Clave
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary
"John_Brian_K" <a7ecb57@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:evvc56xqjc.ln2@recgroups.com...
>> I've *never* understood their appeal, but I can certainly appreciate
>> their
>> musicianship and production standards.
>>
>> Jim
>
> My favorite band ever. Noone has put out the quality over the years like
> they have.

Are you kidding? I liked Noone's work lots better than U2's.

Jim




  
Date: 30 Jan 2009 19:27:31
From: Irish Mike
Subject: Re: January 30th - Anniversary

"John_Brian_K" <a7ecb57@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:1d6c56x5e8.ln2@recgroups.com...
>> January 30, 1972 - Bloody Sunday.
>>
>> Irish Mike
>
> Well, everyone knows this one thanks to U2.
>
John

A few of us knew about it before U2 existed. It created a major decision
point in my life.
Had I made the choice I was seriously considering at the time, my life would
be totally different today.

Irish Mike