pokerfied.com
Promoting poker discussions.

Main
Date: 08 Jan 2009 21:50:53
From: Arlo-Payne
Subject: I swear some of you are braindead
The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
climbing.
Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
kilfile you.
Just type real or not real please.

I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
stakes above 3-6.
I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.

There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. Well
the answer is simple. Most of what I try to share with the group is
beyond what 85% will ever understand. Also many here can not read. As an
example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. If it does not
make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
long term not a flipping day trade.

If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
that is worth wasting your time on.

Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
him shit.
His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.

The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. Now you
are left with a ton of spam and little of value. Some of the people you
now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
even but yet you feed each others ego.

To sum it all up:
I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!

________________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com






 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 22:49:31
From: A Man Beaten by Jacks
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 21:50:53 -0800, "Arlo-Payne"
<arlo_payne@hotmail.com > wrote:

>Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
>him shit.
>His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
>but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.

Yeah, I should suck the cock of a fucking lowlife, thieving cheat.
Right. Fuck that shit.

He's a lowlife and a dirtbag and deserves all the shit he gets, that's
even if he was telling the truth about all the cheating and stealing
and fucking people over he's done in his miserable, thieving, cheating
life.

It's beyond me why you feel the need to suck the cock of a thieving
scumbag like that.


 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 10:07:39
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.
> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.
> Just type real or not real please.

Killfiling someone for THAT is pretty childish Arlo. I think it may
happen. Why wouldn't it? You say it will not go for sure, but you have
nothing to back that claim up. Why would people denounce it?

> I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> stakes above 3-6.
> I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.

What does all this matter? I would bet back in the day there were plenty
of people who didn't play alot, but just liked the game and wanted to
discuss it.

I have about 100.00 on PS and play once in awhile. I used to play
10-20LHE at the casino when they spread it. I mostly play 3-6LHE FK now
because that is all that is offered.

> There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. Well
> the answer is simple. Most of what I try to share with the group is
> beyond what 85% will ever understand. Also many here can not read. As an
> example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. If it does not
> make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> long term not a flipping day trade.

I defend you at every turn Arlo because you sound like a nice guy most of
the time, but it does seem like the only reason you post is to have people
tell you how great you are. That paragraph above makes you sound like an
egotistical asshole. Poker is NOT that hard and I would bet your 85% is
closer to 10%,

> If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> that is worth wasting your time on.

Once again you sound like a premadona right here. Don't waste YOUR time?
Damn man you are making it hard for me to defend with statements like that.

> Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
> him shit.
> His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.

I have NEVER once seen a DISCUSSION with him about poker. Not ONCE. He
regurgitates the same old stories and acts like a jerk when people do not
bow down to him.

> The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. Now you
> are left with a ton of spam and little of value. Some of the people you
> now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!

You basically called me personally a moron because I thought the Durrr
thing was real and you want to killfile me so..

o0o

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

----- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 09 Jan 2009 10:16:15
From: Raider Fan
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 9 2009 12:07 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:

>
> I have NEVER once seen a DISCUSSION with him about poker. Not ONCE. He
> regurgitates the same old stories and acts like a jerk when people do not
> bow down to him.

Hey JBK,

Have you called him and talked about poker? Russ is a kick in the ass! I
laughed my ass off the few times we were on the phone together. Not only
does he teach you a lot about the game, he has a ton of stories.

Russ rocks!

_______________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



   
Date: 09 Jan 2009 16:22:23
From: Lynx
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
> Have you called him and talked about poker? Russ is a kick in the ass! I
> laughed my ass off the few times we were on the phone together. Not only
> does he teach you a lot about the game, he has a ton of stories.

If so, it would be nice if he'd start showing them here, rather than what
he does post. In all the years I've been here, I've never seen any
indication of what you report.

> Russ rocks!

Maybe at times in person, but not at RGP.

________________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




   
Date: 09 Jan 2009 11:07:08
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
> Hey JBK,
>
> Have you called him and talked about poker? Russ is a kick in the ass! I
> laughed my ass off the few times we were on the phone together. Not only
> does he teach you a lot about the game, he has a ton of stories.
>
> Russ rocks!

I am a really easy person to get along with in RL. I am sure I would get
along quite well with 95% of the people on this NG in RL. I am sure Russ
is a hoot, but thats all I have to go on is what he does on here.

THAT leaves alot to be desired.

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

_____________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 06:53:57
From: Lynx
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.

<snip >

> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!

You're really in rare form today, aren't you?

Maybe it is a promotional stunt. Full Tilt has had a disproportionate
number of high stakes celebrity players from its inception. Obviously
they're doing something to attract them.

Nonetheless, you've gone off the deep end getting bent out of shape about
it. I'd take you more seriously if you presented the substance of your
position rather than going on major rants.

_______________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




  
Date: 09 Jan 2009 16:25:16
From: Patti Beadles
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
In article <515k36xr81.ln2@recgroups.com >, Lynx <a16a9@webnntp.invalid> wrote:

>Maybe it is a promotional stunt. Full Tilt has had a disproportionate
>number of high stakes celebrity players from its inception. Obviously
>they're doing something to attract them.

Yeah. And the answer to what is pretty obvious if you know
much about the site.

-Patti
--
Patti Beadles, Oakland, CA


   
Date: 09 Jan 2009 16:10:27
From: Lynx
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
> >Maybe it is a promotional stunt. Full Tilt has had a disproportionate
> >number of high stakes celebrity players from its inception. Obviously
> >they're doing something to attract them.
>
> Yeah. And the answer to what is pretty obvious if you know
> much about the site.


Actually, I’m not certain exactly what the arrangements are.

My guess would be that Full Tilt pays them a regular promotional fee as
long as they play a given number of hours at certain stakes and up.

I would also assume that Full Tilt allows their promotional pros to make
whatever pre-arranged chop arrangements they want. The actual amount of
money the pros are risking is likely to be at their own discretion and
considerably less than it is meant to appear to be.

Such arrangements would be quite consistent with the profession. Pro
tournament players often make undisclosed chop agreements before the
tournament is over, and then go on playing it through just for show.

I disagree with the suggestion that NO money is involved between the pros.
For one thing, it’s hard for me to imagine that a player like Phil Ivey
would have the patience to play 50,000 hands with no money at stake other
than a promotional commission. Full Tilt couldn’t pay him enough.

Also, I don’t think that Full Tilt would need to become that directly
involved in creating an alternate payout structure or determining that no
payout structure actually exist. They wouldn’t need to get their hands
that dirty, and it would probably be less appealing to the pros than
allowing the pros to sort it out for themselves.

That said, I find it plausible that Full Tilt might encourage their
promotional pros to make certain challenges.

My previous posts on this topic were not stating that I thought that
everything had to be on the up and up. I was stating that the 3:1 side
bet is not evidence that the match is not legit, as the overall odds being
offered are actually much less than 3:1.

Anyway, these are my guesses. If you have other or more definite
thoughts, I’d be interested in knowing what they are.

______________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




    
Date: 10 Jan 2009 07:16:12
From: FangBanger
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 9 2009 6:10 PM, Lynx wrote:

> > >Maybe it is a promotional stunt. Full Tilt has had a disproportionate
> > >number of high stakes celebrity players from its inception. Obviously
> > >they're doing something to attract them.
> >
> > Yeah. And the answer to what is pretty obvious if you know
> > much about the site.
>
>
> Actually, I’m not certain exactly what the arrangements are.
>
> My guess would be that Full Tilt pays them a regular promotional fee as
> long as they play a given number of hours at certain stakes and up.
>
> I would also assume that Full Tilt allows their promotional pros to make
> whatever pre-arranged chop arrangements they want. The actual amount of
> money the pros are risking is likely to be at their own discretion and
> considerably less than it is meant to appear to be.
>
> Such arrangements would be quite consistent with the profession. Pro
> tournament players often make undisclosed chop agreements before the
> tournament is over, and then go on playing it through just for show.
>
> I disagree with the suggestion that NO money is involved between the pros.
> For one thing, it’s hard for me to imagine that a player like Phil Ivey
> would have the patience to play 50,000 hands with no money at stake other
> than a promotional commission. Full Tilt couldn’t pay him enough.
>
> Also, I don’t think that Full Tilt would need to become that directly
> involved in creating an alternate payout structure or determining that no
> payout structure actually exist. They wouldn’t need to get their hands
> that dirty, and it would probably be less appealing to the pros than
> allowing the pros to sort it out for themselves.
>
> That said, I find it plausible that Full Tilt might encourage their
> promotional pros to make certain challenges.
>
> My previous posts on this topic were not stating that I thought that
> everything had to be on the up and up. I was stating that the 3:1 side
> bet is not evidence that the match is not legit, as the overall odds being
> offered are actually much less than 3:1.

would you like to explain this statement ? 500k to 1.5 mil is 3/1!!
>
> Anyway, these are my guesses. If you have other or more definite
> thoughts, I’d be interested in knowing what they are.


Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

------ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




     
Date: 10 Jan 2009 14:28:25
From: Lynx
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
> would you like to explain this statement ? 500k to 1.5 mil is 3/1!!

Okay, I get it.

_______________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




     
Date: 10 Jan 2009 09:15:49
From: FellKnight
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 10 2009 10:16 AM, FangBanger wrote:

> On Jan 9 2009 6:10 PM, Lynx wrote:
>
> > > >Maybe it is a promotional stunt. Full Tilt has had a disproportionate
> > > >number of high stakes celebrity players from its inception. Obviously
> > > >they're doing something to attract them.
> > >
> > > Yeah. And the answer to what is pretty obvious if you know
> > > much about the site.
> >
> >
> > Actually, I’m not certain exactly what the arrangements are.
> >
> > My guess would be that Full Tilt pays them a regular promotional fee as
> > long as they play a given number of hours at certain stakes and up.
> >
> > I would also assume that Full Tilt allows their promotional pros to make
> > whatever pre-arranged chop arrangements they want. The actual amount of
> > money the pros are risking is likely to be at their own discretion and
> > considerably less than it is meant to appear to be.
> >
> > Such arrangements would be quite consistent with the profession. Pro
> > tournament players often make undisclosed chop agreements before the
> > tournament is over, and then go on playing it through just for show.
> >
> > I disagree with the suggestion that NO money is involved between the pros.
> > For one thing, it’s hard for me to imagine that a player like Phil Ivey
> > would have the patience to play 50,000 hands with no money at stake other
> > than a promotional commission. Full Tilt couldn’t pay him enough.
> >
> > Also, I don’t think that Full Tilt would need to become that directly
> > involved in creating an alternate payout structure or determining that no
> > payout structure actually exist. They wouldn’t need to get their hands
> > that dirty, and it would probably be less appealing to the pros than
> > allowing the pros to sort it out for themselves.
> >
> > That said, I find it plausible that Full Tilt might encourage their
> > promotional pros to make certain challenges.
> >
> > My previous posts on this topic were not stating that I thought that
> > everything had to be on the up and up. I was stating that the 3:1 side
> > bet is not evidence that the match is not legit, as the overall odds being
> > offered are actually much less than 3:1.
>
> would you like to explain this statement ? 500k to 1.5 mil is 3/1!!

Alright, now I know ur trolling.

Fell
--
Be Loud. Be Proud. Be Considerate!

---- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 06:03:34
From: CincinnatiKid
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 9 2009 12:50 AM, Arlo-Payne wrote:

> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.
> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.
> Just type real or not real please.
>
> I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> stakes above 3-6.
> I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
>
> There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. Well
> the answer is simple. Most of what I try to share with the group is
> beyond what 85% will ever understand. Also many here can not read. As an
> example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. If it does not
> make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> long term not a flipping day trade.
>
> If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> that is worth wasting your time on.
>
> Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
> him shit.
> His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
>
> The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. Now you
> are left with a ton of spam and little of value. Some of the people you
> now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!

Fuck you too you condescending, old crickety, bastard.

------- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 04:40:33
From: Edward
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
Is this a joke? Or maybe you're the joke and haven't figured it out
yet.



On Jan 9, 12:50=A0am, "Arlo-Payne" <arlo_pa...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.


Thats not a bad percentage considering that more than 90% of the human
race are fools.


> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.
> Just type real or not real please.


Of course its real. He made the challenge publicly. Thats a s real as
it gets. Whether or not it ever happens has nothing to do with your
question. You go on to boast about RussG and he's made 100s of idiotic
challenges that have never once ended up on the felt table. Yet you
continue to suck up to him as if he were the guru of poker. He's a
nobody, posting information on usenet thats of no real value to
anyone.


>
> I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> stakes above 3-6.


As if your definition of real poker player has any bearing on the
lives of anyone?



> I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.


You think that you have to play the WSOP to be considered a "real
poker" player.
You cashed once in the WSOP in a field of 120 players. BFD! There are
players online that cash every week in fields bigger than that online.
You have this delusional idea that cashing once in a field of 120
makes you some kind of expert that should be giving advice to the
world. Then you make some weird statement about not working for 9
years. So what. My mother hasn't worked for 30 years, but she doesn't
give advice to the world as if she's some miracle. There's 50 million
Americans on social security. What make you so different from them
that you need to be recognized for not working?


>
> There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. =A0We=
ll
> the answer is simple. =A0Most of what I try to share with the group is
> beyond what 85% will ever understand. =A0



All you ever do is talk as if you're better than everyone else. No, we
can't understand that. In reality, you're no better than anyone else
here, on any subject, including poker. One cash i a field of 120.
Whats that make you, some kind of god?



Also many here can not read. =A0As an
> example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. =A0If it does n=
ot
> make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> long term not a flipping day trade.
>
> If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> that is worth wasting your time on.


Thats total bullshit. Poker is an array of many games with many
styles. Online poker is different than live, but its poker
nonetheless. I get such a kick out of you idiots that played poker
some 30 years ago that for some reason think that you have some secret
about poker that the rest of the world will never figure out. I
started playing poker in 1968, but guess what? I'm no better a human
being than the guy that took up the game 10 minutes ago. And I still
work for a living just like most. And guess what? There is no secret
to the game of poker. Either you get good enough at the game to win,
or you don't, just like every other game. And its not necessary to
make a living at poker to be considered a poker player.



>
> Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust giv=
e
> him shit.
> His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.



Russ is no more important in the poker world than anyone else here.
Quit with the bullshit secret decoder ring club.



>
> The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. =A0Now =
you
> are left with a ton of spam and little of value. =A0Some of the people yo=
u
> now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!



T sum it up:
If the world was called Poker City, you, and Russ, and doggy, wouldn't
be lving anywhere near Main Street.




  
Date: 09 Jan 2009 07:44:14
From: Edward
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 9, 8:18=A0am, "DaVoice" <davoice...@cox.net > wrote:

. (by the way,
> the top section is where people like you want to stand on the rail and
> gawk).
>
> --
> Rick "ADB DaVoice" Charles


No junior - I don't spend my life gawking at anyone.

BTW, aren't you the guy going on a decade of "begging for bucks"?

I think you just may have a credibility issue - defending those that
have probably help support you.


   
Date: 09 Jan 2009 11:37:31
From: DaVoice
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead

"Edward" <edwardr121453@aol.com > wrote in message
news:64222121-71cc-4512-83ae-39fbd34074f2@g3g2000pre.googlegroups.com...
On Jan 9, 8:18 am, "DaVoice" <davoice...@cox.net > wrote:

. (by the way,
> the top section is where people like you want to stand on the rail and
> gawk).
>
> --
> Rick "ADB DaVoice" Charles


>No junior - I don't spend my life gawking at anyone.

>BTW, aren't you the guy going on a decade of "begging for bucks"?

>I think you just may have a credibility issue - defending those that
>have probably help support you.

I have never received a DIME from Doggy (as I stated I must know him, and he
must know me, because of the same time frames and people we both know).

Arlo has never given me a DIME for any reason

Russ backed me for a $1500 Razz tourney in 2005. I overslept and missed the
tourney, so I played satellites.

I have had maybe a total of 10 ppl transfer money to me on sites where I
don't have any to play in RGP events for $5 or $10, Jordan (FELLKNIGHT)
shipped me $22 which has now turned into $84 due to football bets made
publicly here on RGP and a few other friends have loaned me a couple of
hundred on sites that I've paid back. There are a few I haven't. However
I've not been "on a decade of begging" for anything. 10 years ago I was
playing 10-20 and 15-30 at the Grand in Biloxi and cashing regularly in
their Friday tournaments, had a bankroll and then moved away from playing
for a living to broadcasting poker (I was also still in commercial radio in
Biloxi 10 years ago, btw) I left radio for good April 1 2000.

You have seen me ask for BACKERS in these little rinky-dink RGP tourneys
because it's not worth spending Western Union fees to put $100 in my account
at Stars of FTP, and I don't play very often, if at all, it's just the RGP
events.

Now...I'm sorry to confuse you with the facts "SENIOR", but I meant every
word of my post and know it all to be true. Maybe you aren't standing at
the rail gawking at the top section, but I would bet most people who have
showed up on RGP in the past 3 or 4 years didn't even know what a "Top
Section" was.

I have my poker bona fides, although no cashes in the WSOP. But now I'm on
the sidelines due to my disabilities and play a few RGP tourneys here and
there, and even <gasp > play against my sisters and brother-in-law on
FACEBOOK POKER.

Anyway, You obviously no nothing about Poker if you don't think Russ, Doggy
and Arlo are on or were on Main St. in Pokertown. That is my point.

--
Rick "ADB DaVoice" Charles




    
Date: 09 Jan 2009 22:51:43
From: A Man Beaten by Jacks
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:37:31 -0800, "DaVoice" <davoicergp@cox.net >
wrote:

>Anyway, You obviously no nothing about Poker if you don't think Russ, Doggy
>and Arlo are on or were on Main St. in Pokertown. That is my point.

Who cares? Russ is a thieving lowlife. Why the fuck should anyone
look up to that? The only accomplishment this dirtbag has in life is
stealing people's money, and I should be impressed that he was on
"Main Street" of anything? Why?


  
Date: 09 Jan 2009 05:18:28
From: DaVoice
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead

"Edward" <edwardr121453@aol.com > wrote

>T sum it up:
>If the world was called Poker City, you, and Russ, and doggy, wouldn't
>be lving anywhere near Main Street.

To sum up YOUR post, you haven't a fucking clue. I know for a fact that
Russ G is who and what he says he is, and have heard that from people who
would know that play in the top sections all across the World. (by the way,
the top section is where people like you want to stand on the rail and
gawk).

I'm not exactly sure who Doggy is, but I know that he and I know too many of
the same people from the same time frames in the same Hotels to not be
someone who's been around a while. We must have played together many times.

And Arlo is very well known to anyone who's been around the poker world for
any amount of time.

BTW, I have no WSOP cashes, but have played a few events. If Satellites
count I've cashed NUMEROUS times at all of the big tournaments.

My comfort level when I was playing regualarly was $10-20 to $30-60 and I
play every game but "Badugi" which used to be called Paduki, or Padugi,
Eskimo Clark taught me the game at Crystal Park, but I didn't play him.

He was being bankrolled at the time and had just scored a huge win playing
$300-600 heads up Stud in the top section there against an Asian guy that
was actually calling with hands that couldn't beat Eskimo's board, it was
fun to watch, but when he wanted to "really" teach me Paduki (what he called
it back then) he wanted to play $100-200 which was WAY out of my comfort
zone, but I'd been playing the $30-60 Omaha H/L that day in a game hosted by
Robert "Chip Burner" Turner where the "producer" was really a producer (of
movies) and Vince Burgio was having a BAD day. I made a great score that
day, but I wasn't gonna give it away to Eskimo to blow on whatever in the
next week ;)
--
Rick "ADB DaVoice" Charles








 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 01:13:03
From: brewmaster
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 8 2009 9:50 PM, Arlo-Payne wrote:

> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.
> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.
> Just type real or not real please.
>
> I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> stakes above 3-6.
> I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
>
> There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. Well
> the answer is simple. Most of what I try to share with the group is
> beyond what 85% will ever understand. Also many here can not read. As an
> example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. If it does not
> make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> long term not a flipping day trade.
>
> If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> that is worth wasting your time on.
>
> Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
> him shit.
> His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
>
> The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. Now you
> are left with a ton of spam and little of value. Some of the people you
> now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!

I think you are 100% correct on this Arlo.

Brew
--
Email me here: http://tinymail.me/k4r2nk

________________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 01:01:01
From: Ian Stuart
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
I struggle to understand why anybody gives a shit either way. Poker has
never really appealed to me as a spectator sport and online even less so.
I do find the challenge slightly suspect as I fail to see why anyone would
bet such a large sum against inevitably one of the best players in the
world - game selection anyone - but then I'm not an egotistical fan-boy
courter. I'm sure the challenge will go ahead but none of us will ever
truly know whether any money genuinely changes hands or not.

----- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 00:47:13
From: Porsche_Dan
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 8 2009 9:50 PM, Arlo-Payne wrote:

> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.
> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.
> Just type real or not real please.
>
> I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> stakes above 3-6.
> I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
>
> There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. Well
> the answer is simple. Most of what I try to share with the group is
> beyond what 85% will ever understand. Also many here can not read. As an
> example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. If it does not
> make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> long term not a flipping day trade.
>
> If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> that is worth wasting your time on.
>
> Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
> him shit.
> His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
>
> The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. Now you
> are left with a ton of spam and little of value. Some of the people you
> now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!

Real.

A real publicity stunt, but interesting just the same. If it does happen
it will be the most interesting thing in poker this year, which isn't
saying much!

______________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 08:05:44
From: Patti Beadles
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
In article <t65j36x9oq.ln2@recgroups.com >,
Arlo-Payne <arlo_payne@hotmail.com > wrote:

>I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
>or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
>playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
>stakes above 3-6.
>I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
>the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.


If those are the criteria then I seem to still exist.
I'm pretty sure I can also still fog a mirror, and I
definitely feel it when I pinch myself. What do I win?

(Three WSOP cashes, 0 bracelets, 0 final tables. I'm a
piker.)


Oh, and I can't be bothered to give a flying fuck about
the Durr thing. Feel free to killfile me if that's too
close to "real" for your tastes.

-Patti
--
Patti Beadles, Oakland, CA


  
Date: 09 Jan 2009 07:43:37
From: mo_charles
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
> >I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> >or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> >playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> >stakes above 3-6.
> >I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> >the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
>
> If those are the criteria then I seem to still exist.
> I'm pretty sure I can also still fog a mirror, and I
> definitely feel it when I pinch myself. What do I win?
>
> (Three WSOP cashes, 0 bracelets, 0 final tables. I'm a
> piker.)
>
> Oh, and I can't be bothered to give a flying fuck about
> the Durr thing. Feel free to killfile me if that's too
> close to "real" for your tastes.

"the durr thing" matters. how much luck does this game involve, and how
retarded are the idiots who follow it?

mo_charles

_____________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




   
Date: 09 Jan 2009 16:17:19
From: Patti Beadles
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
In article <9u7k36xkh1.ln2@recgroups.com >,
mo_charles <harrybalzer@gmail.com > wrote:

>"the durr thing" matters. how much luck does this game involve, and how
>retarded are the idiots who follow it?

It's not clear to me that I need to care about some particular
set of players in a specific matchup order to know or understand
how much luck this game involves, nor that paying attention to
the match would answer the question for me. Or am I missing
your point? (I may well be. It's too early for me to be up.)

-Patti
--
Patti Beadles, Oakland, CA


    
Date: 09 Jan 2009 09:48:45
From: mo_charles
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
> >"the durr thing" matters. how much luck does this game involve, and how
> >retarded are the idiots who follow it?
>
> It's not clear to me that I need to care about some particular
> set of players in a specific matchup order to know or understand
> how much luck this game involves, nor that paying attention to
> the match would answer the question for me. Or am I missing
> your point? (I may well be. It's too early for me to be up.)

it matters to me more generally. plenty of donks are alive and well.

mo_charles

______________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 08 Jan 2009 23:59:19
From: Tad Perry
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
"Arlo-Payne" <arlo_payne@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:t65j36x9oq.ln2@recgroups.com...
> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.
> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.
> Just type real or not real please.
>
> I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> stakes above 3-6.
> I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
>
> There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. Well
> the answer is simple. Most of what I try to share with the group is
> beyond what 85% will ever understand. Also many here can not read. As an
> example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. If it does not
> make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> long term not a flipping day trade.
>
> If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> that is worth wasting your time on.
>
> Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
> him shit.
> His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
>
> The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. Now you
> are left with a ton of spam and little of value. Some of the people you
> now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!

I agree completely, Arlo. (But actually I think the braindead ratio is even
higher.)

tvp




 
Date: 08 Jan 2009 23:17:46
From: Jason Pawloski
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
God I didn't really fully read this post. It's a goldmine of dipshittery.

On Jan 8 2009 10:50 PM, Arlo-Payne wrote:

> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.
> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.
> Just type real or not real please.
>
> I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> stakes above 3-6.

I'M IN THE CLUB! I've played 4-8 limit Omaha!

> I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.

Well I PLANNED on attending last year, and I PLAN on attending this year,
so that's like .75 of a WSOP bid.

Loser.

>
> There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. Well
> the answer is simple. Most of what I try to share with the group is
> beyond what 85% will ever understand. Also many here can not read. As an
> example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. If it does not
> make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> long term not a flipping day trade.

God I just realized how futile this is. I'm just going to stop here -
there's medication for delusions (I think).

>
> If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> that is worth wasting your time on.
>
> Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
> him shit.
> His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
>
> The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. Now you
> are left with a ton of spam and little of value. Some of the people you
> now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!


--
"Actually, I will read Jason's posts too. He's smart also." - Paul
Popinjay, 10/21/2007 (http://tinyurl.com/4bggyp)

____________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 08 Jan 2009 23:13:51
From: Jason Pawloski
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 8 2009 10:50 PM, Arlo-Payne wrote:

> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.
> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.
> Just type real or not real please.
>
> I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> stakes above 3-6.
> I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
>
> There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. Well
> the answer is simple. Most of what I try to share with the group is
> beyond what 85% will ever understand. Also many here can not read. As an
> example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. If it does not
> make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> long term not a flipping day trade.
>
> If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> that is worth wasting your time on.
>
> Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
> him shit.
> His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
>
> The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. Now you
> are left with a ton of spam and little of value. Some of the people you
> now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!

Real.

PS. If you're reading this, I'm probably dead. HEY EVERYONE, PAY ATTENTION
TO ME!! AIG!!!!!!! I'M AN UNRECOGNIZED GENIUS!

--
"Actually, I will read Jason's posts too. He's smart also." - Paul
Popinjay, 10/21/2007 (http://tinyurl.com/4bggyp)

________________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 08 Jan 2009 22:51:34
From:
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 8, 11:50=A0pm, "Arlo-Payne" <arlo_pa...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.
> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.
> Just type real or not real please.
>
> I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> stakes above 3-6.
> I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
>
> There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. =A0We=
ll
> the answer is simple. =A0Most of what I try to share with the group is
> beyond what 85% will ever understand. =A0Also many here can not read. =A0=
As an
> example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. =A0If it does n=
ot
> make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> long term not a flipping day trade.
>
> If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> that is worth wasting your time on.
>
> Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust giv=
e
> him shit.
> His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
>
> The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. =A0Now =
you
> are left with a ton of spam and little of value. =A0Some of the people yo=
u
> now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!
>
> ________________________________________________________________________=
=A0
> looking for a better newsgroup-reader? -www.recgroups.com

Wait, arent you the guy who posted a couple days ago saying you were
dead?

And havent you just created 3 separate posts about the same thing?
Please try to only post in one thread. As you yourself commented on,
we have enough spam around here without having to read someone
creating a new thread everytime they want to post on a topic.

Now this part:
"The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
climbing. "

followed by:
"To sum it all up:
I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF! "


Is pretty funny. What kind of person are you to call 10% of your
friends braindead fools? I can only assume the same type of person to
post a fake death message.


  
Date: 09 Jan 2009 22:44:50
From: A Man Beaten by Jacks
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 22:51:34 -0800 (PST), trangers16@hotmail.com wrote:

>On Jan 8, 11:50 pm, "Arlo-Payne" <arlo_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
>> climbing.

[. . .]

>> To sum it all up:
>> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!

[. . .]

>Now this part:
>"The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
>climbing. "

>followed by:
>"To sum it all up:
>I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF! "

>Is pretty funny. What kind of person are you to call 10% of your
>friends braindead fools? I can only assume the same type of person to
>post a fake death message.

Say there are 100 RGPers. 80% can fuck off. 90% are idiots.
20% are his friends. 10% are braindead fools.

10/20 = 1/2. So over HALF of his friends are braindead fools, and the
number keeps rising.


   
Date: 09 Jan 2009 20:08:36
From: lvdlrs
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 9 2009 10:44 PM, A Man Beaten by Jacks wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 22:51:34 -0800 (PST), trangers16@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >On Jan 8, 11:50 pm, "Arlo-Payne" <arlo_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> >> climbing.
>
> [. . .]
>
> >> To sum it all up:
> >> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!
>
> [. . .]

You funnin me bub?

Gary (...) Philips

------ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




  
Date: 08 Jan 2009 23:46:00
From:
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 9, 1:17=A0am, "Arlo-Payne" <arlo_pa...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 8 2009 11:51 PM, trangers16 wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Jan 8, 11:50=A0pm, "Arlo-Payne" <arlo_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> > > climbing.
> > > Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I =
can
> > > kilfile you.
> > > Just type real or not real please.
>
> > > I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker pla=
yers
> > > or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along w=
ith
> > > playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> > > stakes above 3-6.
> > > I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have playe=
d in
> > > the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
>
> > > There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long g=
one.
> > > Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. =
=A0Well
> > > the answer is simple. =A0Most of what I try to share with the group i=
s
> > > beyond what 85% will ever understand. =A0Also many here can not read.=
=A0As an
> > > example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. =A0If it do=
es not
> > > make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this a=
nd
> > > that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it=
is
> > > long term not a flipping day trade.
>
> > > If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questi=
ons
> > > and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> > > online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is no=
t
> > > anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to dev=
elop
> > > that is worth wasting your time on.
>
> > > Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust=
give
> > > him shit.
> > > His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a wi=
nner
> > > but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
>
> > > The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. =A0=
Now you
> > > are left with a ton of spam and little of value. =A0Some of the peopl=
e you
> > > now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even br=
eak
> > > even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> > > To sum it all up:
> > > I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!
>
> > Wait, arent you the guy who posted a couple days ago saying you were
> > dead?
>
> > And havent you just created 3 separate posts about the same thing?
> > Please try to only post in one thread. =A0As you yourself commented on,
> > we have enough spam around here without having to read someone
> > creating a new thread everytime they want to post on a topic.
>
> > Now this part:
> > "The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> > climbing. "
>
> > followed by:
> > "To sum it all up:
> > I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF! "
>
> > Is pretty funny. =A0What kind of person are you to call 10% of your
> > friends braindead fools? =A0I can only assume the same type of person t=
o
> > post a fake death message.
>
> It is OK to have braindead friends.
> As far as the death post I explained how that happened so chill out!
>
> But back to the first question: =A0Do you really play poker?
>
> --------=A0
> looking for a better newsgroup-reader? -www.recgroups.com- Hide quoted te=
xt -
>
> - Show quoted text -

"First question" implies you...you know...asked a question sometime
previously. Please show where you asked if someone played poker? I
guess its ok to have braindead friends, but when half of your friends
are braindead...
I'll humor you though. I do play some poker now and again. Do you?
The only time I've seen you play is when you sit at a PLO .5/1 table
with a shortstack and lose it in about 5 minutes and leave.
Why so much hate Arlo? IF there was a way to wager on this being
real, I would. We can wager on whether this will take place if you'd
like, even money, but I'd ask that we escrow since I wouldnt want
there to be an Igotskillz type sitaution. \

BTW, I'm glad you arent dead, but I still think making posts about
yourself dying is slightly crazy. Why do you even need an automatic
service? Surely you know people in real life who would post if you
were to pass away, right?


  
Date: 08 Jan 2009 23:17:38
From: Arlo-Payne
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 8 2009 11:51 PM, trangers16 wrote:

> On Jan 8, 11:50 pm, "Arlo-Payne" <arlo_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> > climbing.
> > Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> > kilfile you.
> > Just type real or not real please.
> >
> > I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> > or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> > playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> > stakes above 3-6.
> > I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> > the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
> >
> > There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> > Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days.  Well
> > the answer is simple.  Most of what I try to share with the group is
> > beyond what 85% will ever understand.  Also many here can not read.  As an
> > example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year.  If it does not
> > make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> > that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> > long term not a flipping day trade.
> >
> > If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> > and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> > online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> > anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> > that is worth wasting your time on.
> >
> > Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
> > him shit.
> > His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> > but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
> >
> > The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing.  Now you
> > are left with a ton of spam and little of value.  Some of the people you
> > now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> > even but yet you feed each others ego.
> >
> > To sum it all up:
> > I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!
> >
> Wait, arent you the guy who posted a couple days ago saying you were
> dead?
>
> And havent you just created 3 separate posts about the same thing?
> Please try to only post in one thread. As you yourself commented on,
> we have enough spam around here without having to read someone
> creating a new thread everytime they want to post on a topic.
>
> Now this part:
> "The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing. "
>
> followed by:
> "To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF! "
>
>
> Is pretty funny. What kind of person are you to call 10% of your
> friends braindead fools? I can only assume the same type of person to
> post a fake death message.

It is OK to have braindead friends.
As far as the death post I explained how that happened so chill out!

But back to the first question: Do you really play poker?

-------- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




  
Date: 08 Jan 2009 23:15:14
From: Jason Pawloski
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 8 2009 11:51 PM, trangers16 wrote:

> On Jan 8, 11:50 pm, "Arlo-Payne" <arlo_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> > climbing.
> > Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> > kilfile you.
> > Just type real or not real please.
> >
> > I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> > or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> > playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> > stakes above 3-6.
> > I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> > the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
> >
> > There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> > Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. Well
> > the answer is simple. Most of what I try to share with the group is
> > beyond what 85% will ever understand. Also many here can not read. As an
> > example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. If it does not
> > make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> > that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> > long term not a flipping day trade.
> >
> > If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> > and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> > online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> > anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> > that is worth wasting your time on.
> >
> > Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
> > him shit.
> > His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> > but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
> >
> > The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. Now you
> > are left with a ton of spam and little of value. Some of the people you
> > now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> > even but yet you feed each others ego.
> >
> > To sum it all up:
> > I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!
> >
> Wait, arent you the guy who posted a couple days ago saying you were
> dead?
>
> And havent you just created 3 separate posts about the same thing?
> Please try to only post in one thread. As you yourself commented on,
> we have enough spam around here without having to read someone
> creating a new thread everytime they want to post on a topic.
>
> Now this part:
> "The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing. "
>
> followed by:
> "To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF! "
>
>
> Is pretty funny. What kind of person are you to call 10% of your
> friends braindead fools? I can only assume the same type of person to
> post a fake death message.

I laughed so hard. Very nice.

But to answer your question at the end - Arlo isn't some attention-whore
asswipe whose time was decades before Myspace (unfortunately for him) -
he's a soooooooooophisticated intellectual who is going to show us all
with his AIG bet.

--
"Actually, I will read Jason's posts too. He's smart also." - Paul
Popinjay, 10/21/2007 (http://tinyurl.com/4bggyp)

-------- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 08 Jan 2009 22:36:34
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 8 2009 11:50 PM, Arlo-Payne wrote:

> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.

Please killfile me. I believe RGP would be a much better place without
you since you haven't offered anything useful in years. I liked the Arlo
from 3-4 years ago, but now you're nothing but a bitter Russ. Seeya.

PLONK.

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
"SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

---- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




  
Date: 08 Jan 2009 23:15:06
From: Arlo-Payne
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 8 2009 11:36 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Jan 8 2009 11:50 PM, Arlo-Payne wrote:
>
> > Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> > kilfile you.
>
> Please killfile me. I believe RGP would be a much better place without
> you since you haven't offered anything useful in years. I liked the Arlo
> from 3-4 years ago, but now you're nothing but a bitter Russ. Seeya.
>
> PLONK.
>
> ---
> Morphy


You have never offered anything of value here.
You talk like you know poker but you dont have a clue!

---- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 08 Jan 2009 22:35:09
From: hanks
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 8 2009 9:50 PM, Arlo-Payne wrote:

> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.
> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.
> Just type real or not real please.
>
> I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> stakes above 3-6.
> I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
>
> There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. Well
> the answer is simple. Most of what I try to share with the group is
> beyond what 85% will ever understand. Also many here can not read. As an
> example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. If it does not
> make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> long term not a flipping day trade.
>
> If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> that is worth wasting your time on.
>
> Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
> him shit.
> His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
>
> The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. Now you
> are left with a ton of spam and little of value. Some of the people you
> now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!
I am 66yrs old and started playing at Artichoke Joe's in San Bruno in 1964.
I spent years playing in Gardena in the 80's. I've played in Reno,
Tahoe,Vegas, San Diego,
Commerce, The Bike and I played in the Ato 5 at the WSOP when Eric Drache
was running it.
I've won and lost and I could not agree with you more!!!

hanks

----- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 08 Jan 2009 22:02:15
From: risky biz
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 8 2009 10:50 PM, Arlo-Payne wrote:

> The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> climbing.
> Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> kilfile you.
> Just type real or not real please.
>
> I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> stakes above 3-6.
> I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
>
> There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. Well
> the answer is simple. Most of what I try to share with the group is
> beyond what 85% will ever understand. Also many here can not read. As an
> example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. If it does not
> make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> long term not a flipping day trade.

That was a dumb investment the minute you made it. It doesn't matter
whether or not it makes money, in a year or ever. YOU apparently don't get
that.

>
> If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> that is worth wasting your time on.
>
> Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust give
> him shit.
> His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
>
> The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. Now you
> are left with a ton of spam and little of value. Some of the people you
> now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> To sum it all up:
> I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!

Well, some people like egotistical blowhards. That's fine with me.

---- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




  
Date: 09 Jan 2009 06:05:09
From: Deadmoney Walking
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 9, 1:02=A0am, "risky biz" <risky-...@sbcglobal.net > wrote:
> On Jan 8 2009 10:50 PM, Arlo-Payne wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> > climbing.
> > Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I ca=
n
> > kilfile you.
> > Just type real or not real please.
>
> > I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker playe=
rs
> > or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along wit=
h
> > playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> > stakes above 3-6.
> > I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played =
in
> > the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
>
> > There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gon=
e.
> > Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days. =A0=
Well
> > the answer is simple. =A0Most of what I try to share with the group is
> > beyond what 85% will ever understand. =A0Also many here can not read. =
=A0As an
> > example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year. =A0If it does=
not
> > make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> > that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it i=
s
> > long term not a flipping day trade.
>
> That was a dumb investment the minute you made it. It doesn't matter
> whether or not it makes money, in a year or ever. YOU apparently don't ge=
t
> that.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your question=
s
> > and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> > online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> > anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to devel=
op
> > that is worth wasting your time on.
>
> > Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust g=
ive
> > him shit.
> > His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winn=
er
> > but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
>
> > The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing. =A0No=
w you
> > are left with a ton of spam and little of value. =A0Some of the people =
you
> > now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even brea=
k
> > even but yet you feed each others ego.
>
> > To sum it all up:
> > I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!
>
> Well, some people like egotistical blowhards. That's fine with me.
>
> ----=A0
> RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :www.recgroups.com- Hide qu=
oted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Can anyone explain the part about 80% dimwits versus 20% who
understand poker? How can I tell if I am in the smart quarter?


   
Date: 09 Jan 2009 09:57:58
From: Jason Pawloski
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead
On Jan 9 2009 7:05 AM, Deadmoney Walking wrote:

> On Jan 9, 1:02 am, "risky biz" <risky-...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > On Jan 8 2009 10:50 PM, Arlo-Payne wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > The percentage of braindead fools on RGP has passed the 90% mark and
> > > climbing.
> > > Those of you that think this Durr thing is real please speak up so I can
> > > kilfile you.
> > > Just type real or not real please.
> >
> > > I also am pretty sure RGP is down to just a handful of real poker players
> > > or lets say players that have played higher than $1-$2 stakes along with
> > > playing at least two other forms of poker besides no limit holdem for
> > > stakes above 3-6.
> > > I also feel there are less than 10 people left on RGP that have played in
> > > the WSOP and no more than 5 that have ever cashed in it.
> >
> > > There was a time when RGP was full of players but that time is long gone.
> > > Some people have written me asking why I dont post much these days.  Well
> > > the answer is simple.  Most of what I try to share with the group is
> > > beyond what 85% will ever understand.  Also many here can not read.  As
an
> > > example I have Always stated my AIG play is for one year.  If it does not
> > > make money in a year then come back and bitch but don't be all this and
> > > that because it has not made money yet because I have always state it is
> > > long term not a flipping day trade.
> >
> > That was a dumb investment the minute you made it. It doesn't matter
> > whether or not it makes money, in a year or ever. YOU apparently don't get
> > that.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > If you play poker live and not just online then I welcome your questions
> > > and comments. Those of you that have never played live and only play
> > > online at limits under 2-4 then dont waste my time because that is not
> > > anywhere near a true poker game and there is no real game plan to develop
> > > that is worth wasting your time on.
> >
> > > Much of what Russ says I know for a fact is true but many of you kust
give
> > > him shit.
> > > His poker advice is worth gold to many of you and could make you a winner
> > > but no you bad mouth him every chance you get.
> >
> > > The number of good people you fools have ran off is mind blowing.  Now
you
> > > are left with a ton of spam and little of value.  Some of the people you
> > > now take advice from could not make a living playing cards or even break
> > > even but yet you feed each others ego.
> >
> > > To sum it all up:
> > > I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!
> >
> > Well, some people like egotistical blowhards. That's fine with me.
> >
> - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> Can anyone explain the part about 80% dimwits versus 20% who
> understand poker? How can I tell if I am in the smart quarter?

Calling 20% a "quarter" indicates you are probably not in the smart
"quarter."

--
"Actually, I will read Jason's posts too. He's smart also." - Paul
Popinjay, 10/21/2007 (http://tinyurl.com/4bggyp)

______________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



    
Date: 10 Jan 2009 20:09:08
From: Lab Rat
Subject: Re: I swear some of you are braindead

"Jason Pawloski" <a6794a4@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:6qfk36xue2.ln2@recgroups.com...
> On Jan 9 2009 7:05 AM, Deadmoney Walking wrote:
>
>> On Jan 9, 1:02 am, "risky biz" <risky-...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> > On Jan 8 2009 10:50 PM, Arlo-Payne wrote:

>> > > To sum it all up:
>> > > I consider 20% FRIENDS AND THE OTHER 80% CAN FUCKOFF!
>> >
>> > Well, some people like egotistical blowhards. That's fine with me.
>> >
>> - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>> >
>> > - Show quoted text -
>>
>> Can anyone explain the part about 80% dimwits versus 20% who
>> understand poker? How can I tell if I am in the smart quarter?
>
> Calling 20% a "quarter" indicates you are probably not in the smart
> "quarter."

Whooosh.