pokerfied.com
Promoting poker discussions.

Main
Date: 29 Jan 2009 06:52:54
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
We have the rest of today and tomorrow to get them sold.

Anyone that has not bought one yet this is your chance.

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

----- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com






 
Date: 29 Jan 2009 08:46:04
From: phlash74
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29, 6:52=A0am, "John_Brian_K" <a7ec...@webnntp.invalid > wrote:
> We have the rest of today and tomorrow to get them sold.
>
> Anyone that has not bought one yet this is your chance.
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
> nor will =A0I =A0consider you =A0necessarily wise =A0because you are =A0g=
rave.
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> BOOM byae
> John
>
> -----=A0
> looking for a better newsgroup-reader? -www.recgroups.com


I'll take the last two squares when you're down to 2. $10 sent on
Stars.

Michael
U.S. American


  
Date: 29 Jan 2009 09:01:58
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
> I'll take the last two squares when you're down to 2. $10 sent on
> Stars.
>
> Michael
> U.S. American

Go ahead and make your picks so I can keep the number left updated. I got
one more sold and 4 that have not been picked yet so I should be down to 3
left.

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

____________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




   
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:03:36
From: Will_gamble
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
Put Raiders name on the last three and I will send you $15 when I get
home, you know I am good for it.

Heavens knows, he is more likely to win with them than build a bankroll on
$15

Cheers

On Jan 29 2009 11:01 AM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> > I'll take the last two squares when you're down to 2. $10 sent on
> > Stars.
> >
> > Michael
> > U.S. American
>
> Go ahead and make your picks so I can keep the number left updated. I got
> one more sold and 4 that have not been picked yet so I should be down to 3
> left.
>
> ========================================
> You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
> nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
> ========
> BOOM byae
> John

---- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



    
Date: 29 Jan 2009 11:01:39
From: Raider Fan
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 12:03 PM, Will_gamble wrote:

> Put Raiders name on the last three and I will send you $15 when I get
> home, you know I am good for it.
>
> Heavens knows, he is more likely to win with them than build a bankroll on
> $15
>
> Cheers

You must have missed my SEC bashing basketball post the other night. I
wondered why you didn't reply, but this generous act makes me think you
completely missed it.

____________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



     
Date: 29 Jan 2009 11:09:55
From: Will_gamble
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 1:01 PM, Raider Fan wrote:

> On Jan 29 2009 12:03 PM, Will_gamble wrote:
>
> > Put Raiders name on the last three and I will send you $15 when I get
> > home, you know I am good for it.
> >
> > Heavens knows, he is more likely to win with them than build a bankroll on
> > $15
> >
> > Cheers
>
> You must have missed my SEC bashing basketball post the other night. I
> wondered why you didn't reply, but this generous act makes me think you
> completely missed it.

No, I saw it and got a little ruffled, but I got over it. The SEC isn't
that good this year and we don't have to win all sports. Just Football
and Baseball.

Good luck to you, I hope you win a quarter.

______________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



    
Date: 29 Jan 2009 11:00:35
From: Raider Fan
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 12:03 PM, Will_gamble wrote:

> Put Raiders name on the last three and I will send you $15 when I get
> home, you know I am good for it.
>
> Heavens knows, he is more likely to win with them than build a bankroll on
> $15
>
> Cheers

Thanks Will!

____________________________________________________________________ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



    
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:42:36
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
> Put Raiders name on the last three and I will send you $15 when I get
> home, you know I am good for it.
>
> Heavens knows, he is more likely to win with them than build a bankroll on
> $15

3 picks for Raiderfan, check. I think we are sold out. I have to double
check, but I think we did it.

Thanks All and Good luck!

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

_____________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




     
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:48:12
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
"John_Brian_K" <a7ecb57@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:st9956xbdq.ln2@recgroups.com...
>
> Thanks All and Good luck!
>

up yours!




     
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:49:43
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 12:42 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> 3 picks for Raiderfan, check. I think we are sold out. I have to double
> check, but I think we did it.
>
> Thanks All and Good luck!

Wait, I just noticed that almost all of Paul's squares are touching mine.
This is not acceptable. Can I have my money back?

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

______________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




      
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:51:21
From: charrison100
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 1:49 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Jan 29 2009 12:42 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:
>
> > 3 picks for Raiderfan, check. I think we are sold out. I have to double
> > check, but I think we did it.
> >
> > Thanks All and Good luck!
>
> Wait, I just noticed that almost all of Paul's squares are touching mine.
> This is not acceptable. Can I have my money back?
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
>
> "I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz
>
> "It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
> obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

I offer you $0.0002 on the dollar for yours.

Chris

"NO! I want this shit to STOP! Right NOW! Nobody takes me serious
anymore." - Paul
Popinjay, 01/16/2009

_______________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




       
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:59:48
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 12:51 PM, charrison100 wrote:

> I offer you $0.0002 on the dollar for yours.

I used popinjay math and came out to a total of $45 that you owe me.
Please send on Stars. It's been a pleasure doing business with you!

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

______________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




        
Date: 29 Jan 2009 11:08:32
From: charrison100
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 1:59 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Jan 29 2009 12:51 PM, charrison100 wrote:
>
> > I offer you $0.0002 on the dollar for yours.
>
> I used popinjay math and came out to a total of $45 that you owe me.
> Please send on Stars. It's been a pleasure doing business with you!
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
>
> "I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz
>
> "It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
> obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

I do not accept your math and with draw my offer. You must negotiate not
dictate the terms.

Chris

"NO! I want this shit to STOP! Right NOW! Nobody takes me serious
anymore." - Paul
Popinjay, 01/16/2009

------ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




      
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:50:57
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
> Wait, I just noticed that almost all of Paul's squares are touching mine.
> This is not acceptable. Can I have my money back?

lol

o0o

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

------ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




     
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:47:13
From: charrison100
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 1:42 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> > Put Raiders name on the last three and I will send you $15 when I get
> > home, you know I am good for it.
> >
> > Heavens knows, he is more likely to win with them than build a bankroll on
> > $15
>
> 3 picks for Raiderfan, check. I think we are sold out. I have to double
> check, but I think we did it.
>
> Thanks All and Good luck!
>
> ========================================
> You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
> nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
> ========
> BOOM byae
> John

I see 3 empty still

Chris

"NO! I want this shit to STOP! Right NOW! Nobody takes me serious
anymore." - Paul
Popinjay, 01/16/2009

________________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



      
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:49:00
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
> I see 3 empty still
>
> Chris

Yeah I got transfers from Phlash for 10.00 and someone named Neflex for
5.00 earlier today. I do not see either one of their names on the grid so
that is the 3!

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

____________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



       
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:51:56
From: charrison100
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 1:49 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> > I see 3 empty still
> >
> > Chris
>
> Yeah I got transfers from Phlash for 10.00 and someone named Neflex for
> 5.00 earlier today. I do not see either one of their names on the grid so
> that is the 3!
>
> ========================================
> You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
> nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
> ========
> BOOM byae
> John

I knew you'd sell out.

Make your picks boys Paul wants his numbers.

Chris

"NO! I want this shit to STOP! Right NOW! Nobody takes me serious
anymore." - Paul
Popinjay, 01/16/2009

______________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




        
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:57:46
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
"charrison100" <a11faea@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:cfa956x4gq.ln2@recgroups.com...

>
> Make your picks boys Paul wants his numbers.
>

Check out my reply to Susan. I KNEW it was called the Cardinals. I was
right! See? I know a little bit about this stuff. I'm not totally
clueless. The Arizona Cardinals. Now, if someone could politely answer my
question, did they used to be from St.Louis or not?

-PP




         
Date: 29 Jan 2009 11:06:27
From: charrison100
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 1:57 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> "charrison100" <a11faea@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> news:cfa956x4gq.ln2@recgroups.com...
>
> >
> > Make your picks boys Paul wants his numbers.
> >
>
> Check out my reply to Susan. I KNEW it was called the Cardinals. I was
> right! See? I know a little bit about this stuff. I'm not totally
> clueless. The Arizona Cardinals. Now, if someone could politely answer my
> question, did they used to be from St.Louis or not?
>
> -PP

Yes Paul, the blind squirrel finds a nut, a stopped clock is right twice,
blah blah blah

Chris

"NO! I want this shit to STOP! Right NOW! Nobody takes me serious
anymore." - Paul
Popinjay, 01/16/2009

---- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



 
Date: 29 Jan 2009 07:40:19
From: charrison100
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 9:52 AM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> We have the rest of today and tomorrow to get them sold.
>
> Anyone that has not bought one yet this is your chance.
>
> ========================================
> You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
> nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
> ========
> BOOM byae
> John

Still 10 according to the site.

Are you filling in the numbers as soon as it is full? I'd like to know my
number with out have ing to log in again some time over the weekend.

Chris

"NO! I want this shit to STOP! Right NOW! Nobody takes me serious
anymore." - Paul
Popinjay, 01/16/2009

----- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




  
Date: 29 Jan 2009 07:46:47
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
> Still 10 according to the site.
>
> Are you filling in the numbers as soon as it is full? I'd like to know my
> number with out have ing to log in again some time over the weekend.
>
> Chris

Someone just bought 4, but I am not sure if he got the link yet so I
subtracted his.

No I am not filling any numbers in. I have no control over that. I hit a
button that says 'Generate Numbers' and the site generates the numbers. I
have to wait until they are all sold before I do that. If they all sell
today you will know your numbers today.

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

______________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




   
Date: 29 Jan 2009 07:48:22
From: charrison100
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 10:46 AM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> > Still 10 according to the site.
> >
> > Are you filling in the numbers as soon as it is full? I'd like to know my
> > number with out have ing to log in again some time over the weekend.
> >
> > Chris
>
> Someone just bought 4, but I am not sure if he got the link yet so I
> subtracted his.
>
> No I am not filling any numbers in. I have no control over that. I hit a
> button that says 'Generate Numbers' and the site generates the numbers. I
> have to wait until they are all sold before I do that. If they all sell
> today you will know your numbers today.
>
> ========================================
> You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
> nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
> ========
> BOOM byae
> John

Hitting the button was what I was talking about. I just wanted to make
sure I didn;t have to sign in Sunday afternoon to get the numbers even
though the squares were all sold.


Chris

"NO! I want this shit to STOP! Right NOW! Nobody takes me serious
anymore." - Paul
Popinjay, 01/16/2009

------ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




    
Date: 29 Jan 2009 07:52:18
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
> Hitting the button was what I was talking about. I just wanted to make
> sure I didn;t have to sign in Sunday afternoon to get the numbers even
> though the squares were all sold.

As soon as the squares are sold the button will be hit. The latest will
be 4:00pm on Friday (tomorrow) either way.

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

----- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




     
Date: 29 Jan 2009 08:08:58
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
"John_Brian_K" <a7ecb57@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:iuv856xroo.ln2@recgroups.com...
>> Hitting the button was what I was talking about. I just wanted to make
>> sure I didn;t have to sign in Sunday afternoon to get the numbers even
>> though the squares were all sold.
>
> As soon as the squares are sold the button will be hit. The latest will
> be 4:00pm on Friday (tomorrow) either way.
>

Will this set the final numbers for both games, or does it have to be done a
second time?




      
Date: 29 Jan 2009 08:30:22
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
> Will this set the final numbers for both games, or does it have to be done a
> second time?

There is only one game buddy. This Sunday @ 6:00pm on Fox. Watch it,
love it.

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

---- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



       
Date: 29 Jan 2009 08:38:32
From: IHeartWuzzy
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 11:30 AM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> > Will this set the final numbers for both games, or does it have to be done
a
> > second time?
>
> There is only one game buddy. This Sunday @ 6:00pm on Fox. Watch it,
> love it.

Ah, that be _NBC_, John.

---- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




        
Date: 29 Jan 2009 08:48:30
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
> Ah, that be _NBC_, John.

;)

You are correct sir!

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

_______________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




      
Date: 29 Jan 2009 08:25:57
From: Will_gamble
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 10:08 AM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> "John_Brian_K" <a7ecb57@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> news:iuv856xroo.ln2@recgroups.com...
> >> Hitting the button was what I was talking about. I just wanted to make
> >> sure I didn;t have to sign in Sunday afternoon to get the numbers even
> >> though the squares were all sold.
> >
> > As soon as the squares are sold the button will be hit. The latest will
> > be 4:00pm on Friday (tomorrow) either way.
> >
>
> Will this set the final numbers for both games, or does it have to be done a
> second time?

Yes, and also for all the NCAA basketball playoff as well.

----- 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



       
Date: 29 Jan 2009 09:21:08
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
"Will_gamble" <a1794@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:lt1956xu1p.ln2@recgroups.com...

>
> Yes, and also for all the NCAA basketball playoff as well.
>

No, I don't mean basketball. I only meant the football thing that we're
making this pool for. Sheesh, where'd you get basketball from? What I am
asking, is does the graph where we have all our numbers only apply to the
first game or not? I don't mean to sound snippy, but it was a pretty simple
and straightforward question actually.

-PP




        
Date: 29 Jan 2009 11:43:23
From: Susan
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left

"Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net > wrote in message
news:MBlgl.19153$Ws1.8773@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com...
> "Will_gamble" <a1794@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> news:lt1956xu1p.ln2@recgroups.com...
>
>>
>> Yes, and also for all the NCAA basketball playoff as well.
>>
>
> No, I don't mean basketball. I only meant the football thing that we're
> making this pool for. Sheesh, where'd you get basketball from? What I am
> asking, is does the graph where we have all our numbers only apply to the
> first game or not? I don't mean to sound snippy, but it was a pretty
> simple and straightforward question actually.
>
> -PP

It's for all the super bowl games Sunday




         
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:05:33
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
"Susan" <sdbratt48@netscape.net > wrote in message
news:SUlgl.8388$E01.7328@newsfe03.iad...
>
> It's for all the super bowl games Sunday

They're both on the same day? Why not stagger them into a two-day thing or
something? One Saturday, and one Sunday. Or is it because they have the
college games on Saturday? I dunno, I don't follow this shit. So then, by
what you say, I interpret this as meaning that whatever numbers we get
assigned on JBK's pool thing, then the same numbers apply to both games.
Correct?

-PP





          
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:20:43
From: charrison100
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 1:05 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> "Susan" <sdbratt48@netscape.net> wrote in message
> news:SUlgl.8388$E01.7328@newsfe03.iad...
> >
> > It's for all the super bowl games Sunday
>
> They're both on the same day? Why not stagger them into a two-day thing or
> something? One Saturday, and one Sunday. Or is it because they have the
> college games on Saturday? I dunno, I don't follow this shit. So then, by
> what you say, I interpret this as meaning that whatever numbers we get
> assigned on JBK's pool thing, then the same numbers apply to both games.
> Correct?
>
> -PP

Hi Paul

When I come to Vegas in March can I stay in the Risky Biz Kill-Suite at
the Roadhouse?

Chris

"NO! I want this shit to STOP! Right NOW! Nobody takes me serious
anymore." - Paul
Popinjay, 01/16/2009

______________________________________________________________________ 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



           
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:22:24
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
"charrison100" <a11faea@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:rk8956x18q.ln2@recgroups.com...

>
> When I come to Vegas in March can I stay in the Risky Biz Kill-Suite at
> the Roadhouse?
>

Depends on how business is. However, I might have an opening in the
IHeartWuzzy kill-suite. We'll have to wait and see if that's open or not.




            
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:33:41
From: charrison100
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 1:22 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> "charrison100" <a11faea@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> news:rk8956x18q.ln2@recgroups.com...
>
> >
> > When I come to Vegas in March can I stay in the Risky Biz Kill-Suite at
> > the Roadhouse?
> >
>
> Depends on how business is. However, I might have an opening in the
> IHeartWuzzy kill-suite. We'll have to wait and see if that's open or not.

I just don't like the look of an orange jumpsuit on me.

Chris

"NO! I want this shit to STOP! Right NOW! Nobody takes me serious
anymore." - Paul
Popinjay, 01/16/2009

--- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




          
Date: 29 Jan 2009 12:10:47
From: Susan
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left

"Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net > wrote in message
news:9jmgl.9775$pr6.1275@flpi149.ffdc.sbc.com...
> "Susan" <sdbratt48@netscape.net> wrote in message
> news:SUlgl.8388$E01.7328@newsfe03.iad...
>>
>> It's for all the super bowl games Sunday
>
> They're both on the same day? Why not stagger them into a two-day thing
> or
> something? One Saturday, and one Sunday. Or is it because they have the
> college games on Saturday? I dunno, I don't follow this shit. So then,
> by
> what you say, I interpret this as meaning that whatever numbers we get
> assigned on JBK's pool thing, then the same numbers apply to both games.
> Correct?
>
> -PP

EVERY superbowl game in 2009.

Arizona v Pittsburg




           
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:18:10
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
"Susan" <sdbratt48@netscape.net > wrote in message
news:zimgl.8391$E01.1337@newsfe03.iad...

>
> EVERY superbowl game in 2009.
>
> Arizona v Pittsburg

Another question, I know that Aizona is the Cardinals, and I thought the
Cardinals were St.Louis. I'm pretty sure they were St Louis when I was a
kid. Is this the same team, but they moved to Arizona? Or what? And
Pittsburg is the Steelers, right? So who does the winner of this matchup
play? Or is it not yet determined?




            
Date: 29 Jan 2009 12:20:45
From: Susan
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left

"Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net > wrote in message
news:Xumgl.9779$pr6.3060@flpi149.ffdc.sbc.com...
> "Susan" <sdbratt48@netscape.net> wrote in message
> news:zimgl.8391$E01.1337@newsfe03.iad...
>
>>
>> EVERY superbowl game in 2009.
>>
>> Arizona v Pittsburg
>
> Another question, I know that Aizona is the Cardinals, and I thought the
> Cardinals were St.Louis. I'm pretty sure they were St Louis when I was a
> kid. Is this the same team, but they moved to Arizona? Or what? And
> Pittsburg is the Steelers, right? So who does the winner of this matchup
> play? Or is it not yet determined?

The St. Louis Cardinals play baseball.

I don't think they'd do well in the super bowl.




             
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:24:30
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
"Susan" <sdbratt48@netscape.net > wrote in message
news:psmgl.8392$E01.2982@newsfe03.iad...
>
> "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:Xumgl.9779$pr6.3060@flpi149.ffdc.sbc.com...
>> "Susan" <sdbratt48@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> news:zimgl.8391$E01.1337@newsfe03.iad...
>>
>>>
>>> EVERY superbowl game in 2009.
>>>
>>> Arizona v Pittsburg
>>
>> Another question, I know that Aizona is the Cardinals, and I thought the
>> Cardinals were St.Louis. I'm pretty sure they were St Louis when I was a
>> kid. Is this the same team, but they moved to Arizona? Or what? And
>> Pittsburg is the Steelers, right? So who does the winner of this matchup
>> play? Or is it not yet determined?
>
> The St. Louis Cardinals play baseball.
>
> I don't think they'd do well in the super bowl.

Ok, I knew this. I really did. But I thought the name 'Cardinals' was both
for the baseball team AND the football team. So what is the name of the
Arizona team? The football Arizona team, I mean.




              
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:59:00
From: Raider Fan
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 12:24 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> >
> > The St. Louis Cardinals play baseball.
> >
> > I don't think they'd do well in the super bowl.
>
> Ok, I knew this. I really did. But I thought the name 'Cardinals' was both
> for the baseball team AND the football team. So what is the name of the
> Arizona team? The football Arizona team, I mean.

Amazingly enough, you are correct Paul. Bill Bidwell moved them from St
Louis to Phoenix around 20 years ago. Prior to that, St Louis Cardinals
were both footbass and baseball.

______________________________________________________________________ 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com




               
Date: 29 Jan 2009 13:10:43
From: Susan
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left

"Raider Fan" <raidersgotscrewed1@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:ksa956x1hq.ln2@recgroups.com...
> On Jan 29 2009 12:24 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
>> >
>> > The St. Louis Cardinals play baseball.
>> >
>> > I don't think they'd do well in the super bowl.
>>
>> Ok, I knew this. I really did. But I thought the name 'Cardinals' was
>> both
>> for the baseball team AND the football team. So what is the name of the
>> Arizona team? The football Arizona team, I mean.
>
> Amazingly enough, you are correct Paul. Bill Bidwell moved them from St
> Louis to Phoenix around 20 years ago. Prior to that, St Louis Cardinals
> were both footbass and baseball.

Why am I convinced that Paul is going to win every quarter in this thing?




                
Date: 29 Jan 2009 11:20:05
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
> Why am I convinced that Paul is going to win every quarter in this thing?

THAT would rule 100%!

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
Boooooooong iiiiing!
John

---- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




              
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:53:39
From: Paul Popinjay
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
"Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net > wrote in message
news:QAmgl.9782$pr6.5477@flpi149.ffdc.sbc.com...
> "Susan" <sdbratt48@netscape.net> wrote in message
> news:psmgl.8392$E01.2982@newsfe03.iad...
>>
>> "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> news:Xumgl.9779$pr6.3060@flpi149.ffdc.sbc.com...
>>> "Susan" <sdbratt48@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>> news:zimgl.8391$E01.1337@newsfe03.iad...
>>>
>>>>
>>>> EVERY superbowl game in 2009.
>>>>
>>>> Arizona v Pittsburg
>>>
>>> Another question, I know that Aizona is the Cardinals, and I thought the
>>> Cardinals were St.Louis. I'm pretty sure they were St Louis when I was
>>> a kid. Is this the same team, but they moved to Arizona? Or what? And
>>> Pittsburg is the Steelers, right? So who does the winner of this
>>> matchup play? Or is it not yet determined?
>>
>> The St. Louis Cardinals play baseball.
>>
>> I don't think they'd do well in the super bowl.
>
> Ok, I knew this. I really did. But I thought the name 'Cardinals' was
> both for the baseball team AND the football team. So what is the name of
> the Arizona team? The football Arizona team, I mean.

What's THIS shit, Susan? I just looked on a sports website and it does too
say the Arizona team is called "Cardinals". I was right. Obviously you
don't really follow this stuff either.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/cardinals/

I thought I knew what I was talking about. I should have bet you, Susan. I
could have picked up a few bucks.

-PP




      
Date: 29 Jan 2009 08:23:25
From: charrison100
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 11:08 AM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> "John_Brian_K" <a7ecb57@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> news:iuv856xroo.ln2@recgroups.com...
> >> Hitting the button was what I was talking about. I just wanted to make
> >> sure I didn;t have to sign in Sunday afternoon to get the numbers even
> >> though the squares were all sold.
> >
> > As soon as the squares are sold the button will be hit. The latest will
> > be 4:00pm on Friday (tomorrow) either way.
> >
>
> Will this set the final numbers for both games, or does it have to be done a
> second time?

5 times in total, one for each quarter.

Chris

"NO! I want this shit to STOP! Right NOW! Nobody takes me serious
anymore." - Paul
Popinjay, 01/16/2009

----- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 29 Jan 2009 07:35:12
From: IHeartWuzzy
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
On Jan 29 2009 9:52 AM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> We have the rest of today and tomorrow to get them sold.
>
> Anyone that has not bought one yet this is your chance.

I was considering making a late entry, John, but now find it hard to
associate myself with something tainted with the likes of a discourteous,
ill-bred, lack of character mooncalf such as paul.

If he makes an apology to Check, Dean and myself for his impolite,
meandering ways in the "going off shore" thread... I'M IN.

Regardless, please make sure your squares kick the everlovin' shit outta
his squares... ok?

------ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




  
Date: 29 Jan 2009 07:37:05
From: John_Brian_K
Subject: Re: 6 Superbowl Squares Left
> Regardless, please make sure your squares kick the everlovin' shit outta
> his squares... ok?

lol

Will do.

========================================
You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
========
BOOM byae
John

-------- 
RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader : www.recgroups.com