pokerfied.com
Promoting poker discussions.

Main
Date: 06 Dec 2008 10:36:02
From: Nimrod
Subject: 60 minutes story
Video Footage on OverpowerPoker.com
- Segment and hand recreation of Potripper.

The recent 60 Minutes segment on Insider Cheating at Ultimate Bet and
Absolute Poker was not only revealing to some, but validation to
others. How many times have you sat there and thought, =93How can that
dude call that=94? It makes some of us crazy sometimes when we see
people calling or raising in near impossible situations. And as far as
the Kahnawake Gaming commission, what a crock they are turning out to
be. Although they provided restitution to the players involved, they
continue to support the companies that allowed this to happen. Why
does it take a collection of internet players to police themselves? If
the hand history that was delivered to the players by Absolute Poker
had the hole cards of all the players at the table, why was Absolute
Poker aware of such a problem? Because they WERE aware of the problem.
If one players hand history has all the other players=92 hole cards,
then this is something that was accounted for in the core
programming.

When we all started playing poker online, we all went through the
different cheating scenarios in our heads. This is one possibility
that most computer savvy individuals had thought of, but chose to
disbelieve, based on the fact that such an exploit would ultimately
damage a company so severely that it would put them out of business.
Well, that remains to be seen.

I now fear that people will become emboldened, and begin to use other
less advanced methods of cheating, such as the use of remote desktop
sessions to share information with other internet players. Not to
mention the already rampant use of instant messaging and team-chat
software that is being used to share information between players.





 
Date: 08 Dec 2008 11:27:05
From: RussGeorgiev@aol.com
Subject: Re: 60 minutes story
Would you please tell me how you know they made restitution to the
players they cheated? Was it because the told you they did? I was
stating years ago this was happening and I know absolutely nothing
about computers, just cheating. If they'd have cheated correctly,
they'd still be doing it. They didn't stop because they wanted to.
What makes you think the other sites aren't doing the same, but in a
more advanced manner? Because they tell you don't?

First off, when a person first opened an account on an online site
when they opened a few years back, Neteller and the sites was there
giving people an instant $600 credit. I told people what Neteller was
like, so I beat them for over $75,000 in credit they advanced my
accounts and myself. If you want top know how I did it, it's in the
archives in full detail.






On Dec 6, 11:50=A0am, "Andyfothershops" <a...@dfr.co.uk > wrote:
> "Nimrod" <jtsott...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:d6e5d7c0-e48e-4bc0-8320-e96cd56b4b63@k8g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
> Video Footage on OverpowerPoker.com
> - Segment and hand recreation of Potripper.
>
> The recent 60 Minutes segment on Insider Cheating at Ultimate Bet and
> Absolute Poker was not only revealing to some, but validation to
> others. How many times have you sat there and thought, =93How can that
> dude call that=94? It makes some of us crazy sometimes when we see
> people calling or raising in near impossible situations. And as far as
> the Kahnawake Gaming commission, what a crock they are turning out to
> be. Although they provided restitution to the players involved, they
> continue to support the companies that allowed this to happen. Why
> does it take a collection of internet players to police themselves? If
> the hand history that was delivered to the players by Absolute Poker
> had the hole cards of all the players at the table, why was Absolute
> Poker aware of such a problem? Because they WERE aware of the problem.
> If one players hand history has all the other players=92 hole cards,
> then this is something that was accounted for in the core
> programming.
>
> I think you misunderstood. It wasn't a player's hand history that had the
> hole cards it was the central log file that was sent. Another non player
> (observer) had access to this info and was feeding it to the cheater(s)
>
> A



  
Date: 09 Dec 2008 16:26:05
From: FangBanger
Subject: Re: 60 minutes story
On Dec 8 2008 1:27 PM, RussGeorgiev@aol.com wrote:

> Would you please tell me how you know they made restitution to the
> players they cheated? Was it because the told you they did? I was
> stating years ago this was happening and I know absolutely nothing
> about computers, just cheating. If they'd have cheated correctly,
> they'd still be doing it. They didn't stop because they wanted to.
> What makes you think the other sites aren't doing the same, but in a
> more advanced manner? Because they tell you don't?
>
> First off, when a person first opened an account on an online site
> when they opened a few years back, Neteller and the sites was there
> giving people an instant $600 credit. I told people what Neteller was
> like, so I beat them for over $75,000 in credit they advanced my
> accounts and myself. If you want top know how I did it, it's in the
> archives in full detail.

i got em for a little over 3600 at the end .. but then I knew when they
were going to shut down
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Dec 6, 11:50 am, "Andyfothershops" <a...@dfr.co.uk> wrote:
> > "Nimrod" <jtsott...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > news:d6e5d7c0-e48e-4bc0-8320-e96cd56b4b63@k8g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
> > Video Footage on OverpowerPoker.com
> > - Segment and hand recreation of Potripper.
> >
> > The recent 60 Minutes segment on Insider Cheating at Ultimate Bet and
> > Absolute Poker was not only revealing to some, but validation to
> > others. How many times have you sat there and thought, “How can that
> > dude call that”? It makes some of us crazy sometimes when we see
> > people calling or raising in near impossible situations. And as far as
> > the Kahnawake Gaming commission, what a crock they are turning out to
> > be. Although they provided restitution to the players involved, they
> > continue to support the companies that allowed this to happen. Why
> > does it take a collection of internet players to police themselves? If
> > the hand history that was delivered to the players by Absolute Poker
> > had the hole cards of all the players at the table, why was Absolute
> > Poker aware of such a problem? Because they WERE aware of the problem.
> > If one players hand history has all the other players’ hole cards,
> > then this is something that was accounted for in the core
> > programming.
> >
> > I think you misunderstood. It wasn't a player's hand history that had the
> > hole cards it was the central log file that was sent. Another non player
> > (observer) had access to this info and was feeding it to the cheater(s)
> >
> > A


Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

------- 
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com



  
Date: 09 Dec 2008 10:20:50
From: Andyfothershops
Subject: Re: 60 minutes story

<RussGeorgiev@aol.com > wrote in message
news:db6995fa-d741-4456-ad6f-44de2509584e@41g2000yqf.googlegroups.com...
Would you please tell me how you know they made restitution to the
players they cheated? Was it because the told you they did? I was
stating years ago this was happening and I know absolutely nothing
about computers, just cheating. If they'd have cheated correctly,
they'd still be doing it. They didn't stop because they wanted to.
What makes you think the other sites aren't doing the same, but in a
more advanced manner? Because they tell you don't?

First off, when a person first opened an account on an online site
when they opened a few years back, Neteller and the sites was there
giving people an instant $600 credit. I told people what Neteller was
like, so I beat them for over $75,000 in credit they advanced my
accounts and myself. If you want top know how I did it, it's in the
archives in full detail.




Many of the cheated players post over at 4. Most if not all the players (who
post there) who KNOW they were cheated have admitted to getting refunds.
Some are happy with their refunds, some not so happy. How AP and UB arrived
at the refund figure is not tranparent though.



A






 
Date: 06 Dec 2008 18:07:41
From: FangBanger
Subject: Re: 60 minutes story
On Dec 6 2008 12:36 PM, Nimrod wrote:

> Video Footage on OverpowerPoker.com
> - Segment and hand recreation of Potripper.
>
> The recent 60 Minutes segment on Insider Cheating at Ultimate Bet and
> Absolute Poker was not only revealing to some, but validation to
> others. How many times have you sat there and thought, “How can that
> dude call that”? It makes some of us crazy sometimes when we see
> people calling or raising in near impossible situations. And as far as
> the Kahnawake Gaming commission, what a crock they are turning out to
> be. Although they provided restitution to the players involved, they
> continue to support the companies that allowed this to happen. Why
> does it take a collection of internet players to police themselves? If
> the hand history that was delivered to the players by Absolute Poker
> had the hole cards of all the players at the table, why was Absolute
> Poker aware of such a problem? Because they WERE aware of the problem.
> If one players hand history has all the other players’ hole cards,
> then this is something that was accounted for in the core
> programming.
>
> When we all started playing poker online, we all went through the
> different cheating scenarios in our heads. This is one possibility
> that most computer savvy individuals had thought of, but chose to
> disbelieve, based on the fact that such an exploit would ultimately
> damage a company so severely that it would put them out of business.
> Well, that remains to be seen.
>
> I now fear that people will become emboldened, and begin to use other
> less advanced methods of cheating, such as the use of remote desktop
> sessions to share information with other internet players. Not to
> mention the already rampant use of instant messaging and team-chat
> software that is being used to share information between players.

i was a complete computer neophyte when I was playin every day at party .
I used to get a kick out of the paranoid ones who would say "they could be
on cell phones" .. even back then I knew that people could be using ICQ
chats or yahoo chats independently from the same screen. or AIM , (if
that is what they called it then )


Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

--- 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




 
Date: 06 Dec 2008 19:50:38
From: Andyfothershops
Subject: Re: 60 minutes story

"Nimrod" <jtsottles@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:d6e5d7c0-e48e-4bc0-8320-e96cd56b4b63@k8g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
Video Footage on OverpowerPoker.com
- Segment and hand recreation of Potripper.

The recent 60 Minutes segment on Insider Cheating at Ultimate Bet and
Absolute Poker was not only revealing to some, but validation to
others. How many times have you sat there and thought, “How can that
dude call that”? It makes some of us crazy sometimes when we see
people calling or raising in near impossible situations. And as far as
the Kahnawake Gaming commission, what a crock they are turning out to
be. Although they provided restitution to the players involved, they
continue to support the companies that allowed this to happen. Why
does it take a collection of internet players to police themselves? If
the hand history that was delivered to the players by Absolute Poker
had the hole cards of all the players at the table, why was Absolute
Poker aware of such a problem? Because they WERE aware of the problem.
If one players hand history has all the other players’ hole cards,
then this is something that was accounted for in the core
programming.

I think you misunderstood. It wasn't a player's hand history that had the
hole cards it was the central log file that was sent. Another non player
(observer) had access to this info and was feeding it to the cheater(s)

A




  
Date: 06 Dec 2008 12:06:36
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: 60 minutes story
On Dec 6 2008 1:50 PM, Andyfothershops wrote:

> I think you misunderstood. It wasn't a player's hand history that had the
> hole cards it was the central log file that was sent. Another non player
> (observer) had access to this info and was feeding it to the cheater(s)

Uhh, that's not anywhere near correct. Try again.

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
"SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

____________________________________________________________________ 
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com




   
Date: 07 Dec 2008 03:57:59
From: Andyfothershops
Subject: Re: 60 minutes story

"XaQ Morphy" <a1c5905@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:cj2r06x3ht.ln2@recgroups.com...
> On Dec 6 2008 1:50 PM, Andyfothershops wrote:
>
>> I think you misunderstood. It wasn't a player's hand history that had the
>> hole cards it was the central log file that was sent. Another non player
>> (observer) had access to this info and was feeding it to the cheater(s)
>
> Uhh, that's not anywhere near correct. Try again.
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
> "SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com
>
>
The Excel file that was sent to the two plus two memebers is what I'm
talking about. The thing that blew it all apart in the first place.

A




    
Date: 07 Dec 2008 08:25:48
From: XaQ Morphy
Subject: Re: 60 minutes story
On Dec 6 2008 9:57 PM, Andyfothershops wrote:

> The Excel file that was sent to the two plus two memebers is what I'm
> talking about. The thing that blew it all apart in the first place.

In your post you stated that the excel file was used by the cheaters.
This is not true. This also is what helped with the Absolute scandal, but
had nothing to do with the UB scandal.

---
Morphy
xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
"SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio

------ 
: the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com



     
Date: 08 Dec 2008 08:44:39
From: Andyfothershops
Subject: Re: 60 minutes story

"XaQ Morphy" <a1c5905@webnntp.invalid > wrote in message
news:c1at06x2ua.ln2@recgroups.com...
> On Dec 6 2008 9:57 PM, Andyfothershops wrote:
>
>> The Excel file that was sent to the two plus two memebers is what I'm
>> talking about. The thing that blew it all apart in the first place.
>
> In your post you stated that the excel file was used by the cheaters.
> This is not true. This also is what helped with the Absolute scandal, but
> had nothing to do with the UB scandal.
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqmorphy@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
> "SHUT UP IDIOT" --The Great Patholio
>
> ------
> : the next generation of web-newsreaders : http://www.recgroups.com
>

Maybe I worded it badly. I mean the info the file contained on the hole
cards which was accessed through a backdoor by an observer.. I know that
that file could not have been completed till the end of the tourney.and that
it was sent post tourney by a whistleblower at AP.

I never read much on the UB scandal, was the hole card info garnered in the
same way? I had assumed (maybe wrongly) that it was.




A